Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates #1  
Tractor
L3901
Has anyone out there used the above (Bro-Tec) wheel spacers and skid plates? What did you think of their quality and usefulness? Did they do the job for you?
Thanks for your thoughts
Kevan

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates #2  
Have not used their skid plates but the wheels spacers are top notch. If you need spacers to be able to put chains on or just for more stability that's the way to go.

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates #3  
I have one of the rear skid plates (he now sells a set of 3 from the drawbar almost to the oil pan). I chose to use some old 1/2" plywood (real plywood, not OSB) to cover my fuel filter and pump much like the BXpanded plate, only shorter. But the Bro-Tek rear one is heavy and has done exactly what it needs to. Looks like you have one of the newer BX's, so you could go either way. I think both are fine products. If your BX was older, BXpanded doesn't make one to fit as the mower arms are different.

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates #5  
I have the spacers as well as skid plate on both our BXs, top notch as you don't have to remove them all to use the MMM and I trashed an HST fan with the MMM in place.

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates
Have not used their skid plates but the wheels spacers are top notch. If you need spacers to be able to put chains on or just for more stability that's the way to go.

Thanks for the reply and advice. Very helpful for an old dog learning new tricks!
Kevan

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates
I have one of the rear skid plates (he now sells a set of 3 from the drawbar almost to the oil pan). I chose to use some old 1/2" plywood (real plywood, not OSB) to cover my fuel filter and pump much like the BXpanded plate, only shorter. But the Bro-Tek rear one is heavy and has done exactly what it needs to. Looks like you have one of the newer BX's, so you could go either way. I think both are fine products. If your BX was older, BXpanded doesn't make one to fit as the mower arms are different.

Thank you for the reply. Based on what I have seen so far the spacers for safety and the skid plated to protect the delicate bits is a sound investment.

Thanks again
Kevan

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates #9  
I have the Bro-tec front and rear skid plates on my BX23, and I have the BXpanded Underarmor skid plate on my BX2660.

The Bro-Tec is thicker and heavier than the BXpanded Underarmor. But the Bro-Tec is a PITA to install and remove, which I just had to do when servicing my BX23 recently.

The BXpanded is lighter (but still plenty strong to do it's job), and is an absolute breeze to install and remove.

If I was buying again, I'd buy the BXpanded Underarmor for my BX23. It wasn't available when I bought the Bro-Tec.

But, I have the Bro-Tec ripper tooth for my backhoe, and it is a fabulous piece of work that I highly recommend.

/ Bro-Tec Wheel Spacers and Skid Plates #10  
I have the Bro-Tek skid plates, wheel spacers, ripper tooth with trencher attachment, and quick attach for the ripper tooth. All top-notch materials and construction, and I'm very happy with everything I have purchased from Richard at Bro-Tek.

Pay particular attention to the skid plates. They are very, very tough!