Sticking L3130 3pt control lever

/ Sticking L3130 3pt control lever #1  

Hummer

I've noticed a change in the way the 3pt. hitch lever feels on my L3130. The tractor has just over 130 hrs. on it without any other problems. The hitch operates properly, but there feels like some resistance on the lever mid way through it's range of position. Any thought as to why the change?

Thanks.

/ Sticking L3130 3pt control lever
Anyone willing to take a stab at this one? Nothing appears wrong externally. The lever is not contacting or rubbng the control lever cover.

/ Sticking L3130 3pt control lever #3  
I have not received my L3130 so I am guessing here. Have you dug around under the deck to see if there is any trash getting in the way. If not, I think I would be on to the dealer for some warranty work.

I had already checked to make sure nothing was obstructing the lever. Warranty is out so I was hoping the experts here at TBN could provide some insight. Maybe I shouldn't be concerned about it, the hitch works fine. Any other L3130 owners out there experiencing the same?

Thanks

/ Sticking L3130 3pt control lever #5  
I've had no problems with mine, but then I'm still under 50 hours and don't use the three point as much now that I have the backhoe.

I would follow the linkage back and see if there are any obstructions. Does it feel like it's tighter throughout (along with the obvious bump) it's travel? It might be something as simple as a sticking oil seal back on the valve.. or just a clump of dirt or something somewhere in the way of the linkage. You may be able to see more by pulling up the seat and taking off that access panel directly underneath the seat. The lever/linkage must travel just to the side of that opening.

I have some gravel work to do soon, so I'll be putting the 3pt links back on. I'll be anxious to feel er out.

/ Sticking L3130 3pt control lever #6  
Mine has done this on occasion for seemingly no reason. The lever felt like it was binding on something but nothing was in the way of the linkage that I could see. It seemed to happen mostly when the BB was full of dirt. I'd drop it down/up once or twice and it would be ok again. The tractor now has 430+ hours on it and its happend probably 15 times. The control will go down ok but is really feels heavy on the up side. Almost like the valve is sticks under pressure but its' very intermittent.

Don't know what it is and I can't make it happen for a trained mechanic to diagnose it.

CTyler,

That is a good desription of what is happening. The lever feels "heavy" or like its binding. How would one go about freeing a sticky valve?

/ Sticking L3130 3pt control lever #8  
Not sure what to tell you, I'm not even sure thats what it is. Other than taking it apart and making sure there is nothing on there or maybe replacing the poppet? I'm no expert on hydraulics. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

On mine it hasn't really been enough of an issue to really worry about.

Do you have the same feeling with the tractor off and the hydraulic pressure released? If yes then your linkage is binding somewhere.