BX2200 seems unstable with FEL

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #1  

Handymam

Tractor
BX2200
Is it me or do others have issue with wheel lift and near tip-over when carrying a load with the FEL, even on an ever so slight 2% grade. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It seems to be more right sided than left (90/10).
My husband thinks I'm crazy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, but I leave the MMM on as "training wheels" for an extra safety measure from tip-over.

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #2  
Are you using rear ballast and are you keeping the loaded FEL close to the ground? No or insufficient rear ballast can cause your condition. Also keeping the FEL bucket closer to the ground lowers your center of gravity. Lastly check your tire pressures. You may have too low of a pressure on one of the front tires.

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #3  
Do you have any rear ballast on your 3 point, such as a box blade or a weight box? Without something on there for balance, the BX is light in the rear end. That would be the most beneficial thing you can do.

Keep the loads low when you are moving. If you hook something to the loader like to lift with a chain, hook to both sides of the bucket. You can roll one over by hooking to one side.

Keep you right hand on the loader valve; if you start to tip, lower the bucket NOW!

Not trying to, but I've had mine up on 3 wheels by hooking things up incorrectly. Incidentally, if you are in 2WD, when a wheel goes airborne, it spins and you stop. Not sure in 4WD.

I had mine in 2WD towing a boat hooked to one side of the bucket when my left rear went airborne. With the wheel in the air, the tractor wheel spun, so I stopped.

I sure thought about that one a little bit!

Drive safe,
Ron

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #4  
Rear ballast is a must. I haven't experienced this yet because I haven't used the FEL on my BX without the backhoe being attached.

I have lifted the rear wheels on my friends 4410 Deere when using the FEL to break up and carry off ice and snow. scared me pretty bad the first time I almost went over with the bucket all the way up dumping over a big snow bank. just remember to get the bucket down in a hurry to stand yourself back up before you go over too far.

Something I have learned from operating fork lifts at work carrying very heavy peices of equipment is to always back down grade when loaded. Granted things are different on a fork truck vs a tractor (big wheels, power, and brakes up front instead of out back) but the same principle applies.

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #5  
Did you get you rear tires loaded with liquid of some kind.....windshield washer fluid, beet juice etc.? I know my B7500 is a different animal but with the tires loaded, I have only felt the need for 3 pt weight when lifting the heaviest loads of dirt and even then it's when I'm nose down somewhere. When I bought my tractor, my delaer loaded the tires automatically when a fel was purchased.

Jeff

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #6  
If you don't have some type of rear ballast with a loader you should. That should take care of your problem.

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If you don't have some type of rear ballast with a loader you should. That should take care of your problem. )</font>

Yeah, and get some ballast on the back! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #8  
Almost all tractors require rear ballast when using the FEL near it's full capacity. Rear ballast can be a rear weight box or a box blade or such as that. My 2410 and BX both become unstable with full loads in the bucket, I now always use ballast. J

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #9  
When I brought home my box blade, it was in the back of my pickup.

I was standing to the right of the tractor, hooked the chains to the bucket to lift it up so I could drive the pickup out. As I lifted the loader, the chains became taunt, the rear wheels of the tractor came off the ground.

Having no ballast on the rear and me not in the seat (I tend to think of my self as mostly ballast--a lot of ballast!), the box blade would raise the rear of the tractor.

Lesson learned for me.
Ron

/ BX2200 seems unstable with FEL #10  
I've got a BX22 (same tractor as yours but with a backhoe). I can load up the FEL to beyond rating capacity when the backhoe is attached and it handles nicely with lots of stability, even at high lift levels.

Take the backhoe off the tractor and carry even light loads in the FEL with nothing on the back, and it's a terror. As others have said, you must have something on the back...either a ballast box, an attachment like a chipper, or aereator, or even a landscape rake. SOMETHING. It's hazardous to use the FEL without the rear weight.

-Duane C.