M59 exhaust manifold leaks and turbo oil line.

/ M59 exhaust manifold leaks and turbo oil line. #1  

Hersheyfarm

Veteran Member
My m59 started sounding like valves slapping, especially under load at low rpm's. Kubota recommends valve adjustment at 800hr I think. We have a new kubota dealer here now so I scheduled with them. It's a very annoying noise. As I investigated I found the leaks. You can feel the leaks blowing out at idle. Will still go forward with valve adjustment and price them doing new gaskets too. Went ahead and started spraying pb blaster on nuts of manifold. Surprising they move pretty easy. So just an FYI.

/ M59 exhaust manifold leaks and turbo oil line.
I have no ideal why pics are sideways but when I click on them they expand right side up, but this is the leaks. Very easy to find with the soot. Also a pic of my turbo oil line leaking. I'm sure it's just o-ring. The exhaust leaks are #1 and #4 cylinder.

Attachments

• IMG_0077.JPG
    IMG_0077.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0078.JPG
    IMG_0078.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 162
   / M59 exhaust manifold leaks and turbo oil line. #3  
The turbo oil line leak is a crush washer.

/ M59 exhaust manifold leaks and turbo oil line.
I did try to snug up but turbo has to come off for exhaust gaskets. I ordered both oil line washers with exhaust gaskets.

This tractor is very sluggish at low rpm. It has to be loss of boost from leaks. It was gradual but in the last few hour has gotten pretty substantial.

/ M59 exhaust manifold leaks and turbo oil line. #5  
Just out of curiosity, how many hours are on it?