Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #1  

Thirsty

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX 2230, L5460 FWD, HSTC
I'm looking for a mirror for inside my grand cab on my L5460 HSTC. Anyone have any ideas or sugggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Thirsty

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #2  
What about using an automotive rear view mirror? Could get one out of the junk yard. Just remember to grab the metal mounting part that glues to the glass.

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab
What about using an automotive rear view mirror? Could get one out of the junk yard. Just remember to grab the metal mounting part that glues to the glass.

Not a bad idea. I'm bouncing between a mirror and a rearview camera. Mirror clearly has price advantage.

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #4  
Look on amazon there is a large selection

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #6  
They make a wide angle mirror for skid steers that will give you a panorama but they are poor for details.

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #7  
Not liking the side mirrors? Or they just not covering what you need?

I just tightened down the screws on my L4060 so they don't point at the ground after 5 minutes. Not enough hours before or after tightening to have a good opinion on my machine.

I didn't end up using the cheap bucket cam on my L3200 much. Debating if I want to go that route again on my new cabbed machine. Mounting a nicer camera up high on the cab should give good coverage of impliments save your neck. I don't think a rear view mirror would be able to get a good line of sight to impliments.

Last edited:
   / Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #8  
I put 2 stick on convex mirrors up in the corners of the front glass of my L4060. Not great for a real view to the rear, but they are well within my peripheral vision to see traffic and other stuff behind me. They are about 4" x 6",

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab
I'm looking for a mirror for a couple of reasons.

1) Watch three point implements during hay making.
2) Watch people loading hay wagon. One slip and they are under the wagon wheels.

In both cases, the side mirrors are pretty good. I'm looking to suplement the side mirrors.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Am I asking too much out of an inside rearview mirror? Should I be looking for a rear view camera?

/ Rearview Mirror for inside Grand Cab #10  
Just an FYI,
I use the side mirrors on the cab and a rear view camera. The camera and monitor were under $50 and the monitor is capable to use two cameras so I have a second camera on the front.