New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #1  

Buxus

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M7060
Took delivery on new tractor 5 weeks ago. Love it with one exception: getting out of Park is extremely difficult. It was difficult from day 1, but today took 5-10 minutes each time to get it out of Park. I've tried releasing the clutch and the brake and re-trying, and it doesn't help.

From day 1 I've had to use two hands to shift out of Park. It seemed to be getting a little better, but today was almost impossible. I had to remove the seatbelt, scoot over to the right, and wrestle with it to get it to go. Shifting from other gears is no problem. Today was the coldest day since I got it - not sure if this was playing a role. It was so difficult today I actually considered just leaving it in neutral on flat ground so as to avoid the wrestling match.

My assumption is that something needs to be adjusted. I did not expect it to shift like a Corvette, but this is unacceptable. I plan to call the dealer tomorrow, but figured I'd try to get some insight from TBN. Thoughts? Is this a common problem? Is it easily fixed?

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #2  
Have you tried to lift the front tires off the ground a tiny bit with the loader then shift it out? Maybe it is in 4WD and the parking lock is linked to that? I don't know as I just park my 7040 on level ground, lower the loader and the 3pt cutter. Never have used the parking brake.

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #3  
parking on flat ground or hill

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park
Have you tried to lift the front tires off the ground a tiny bit with the loader then shift it out? Maybe it is in 4WD and the parking lock is linked to that? I don't know as I just park my 7040 on level ground, lower the loader and the 3pt cutter. Never have used the parking brake.

I haven't tried this, and it's not in four wheel drive, but thanks for the suggestion.

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #6  
I haven't tried this, and it's not in four wheel drive, but thanks for the suggestion.

Then I would expect the dealer to either provide a clue or make an adjustment. Good luck, they will figure it out, I am sure.

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #7  
Sounds like a dry link. Might want to look at linkage

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #8  
I've read several posts of owners with M7040's having this problem but not the M7060's. The M7040 owners eventually had it fixed by dealer adjustment to the linkage. Your dealer is the correct route. I'm sure You'll be happy with the tractor after it's fixed.

HP

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park
Thanks for the responses. I have called the dealer, and a mechanic will be calling me today to discuss. I'll keep TBN posted on results.

/ New Kubota M7060 HD12 a (%&*$! to get out of Park #10  
I've read several posts of owners with M7040's having this problem but not the M7060's. The M7040 owners eventually had it fixed by dealer adjustment to the linkage. Your dealer is the correct route. I'm sure You'll be happy with the tractor after it's fixed.

HP

To my knowledge M7040 have no "park position" in trans but one can lock down turning/stopping brakes. I know that's the way my '11 M7040 is BUT I never lock the brake pedals down for fear of forgetting the brakes are applied. I think Kubota should have supplied a "brake applied" WARNING LIGHT or BUZZER on my tractor.

I agree with sandyc that shift linkage may need some lubrication.