L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
This connector is hanging out to the rear of the door pillar, left hand side. That's the left rear side window behind it. Wires are black and yellow. The prong is bent, so it sorta looks like previous owner had something plugged into. Anybody recognize it?

Thanks,
Dave

unnamed.jpg

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #2  
Just for grins, put a volt ohmmeter on it and see if it is 12 volt power. Also see if it is switched power. Previous owner may have had a fan or something like that.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector?
That's what I would normally do, but broke my leg a week ago. Suddenly my shop seems distant, and even simple tasks are a hassle. I was just thinking that if this is a factory connector someone might immediately recognize it. I can't picture any factory option that would mount there. The window defrost connectors are up on top.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #4  
My 60 series cab has the same connector in the same place. I recall reading somewhere it was 12v on the ignition switch. I will test it tomorrow and follow up.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #5  
It looks like a rear window defogger plug in. Do you have them on both sides?

Its only on the left. The big rear window has a defroster, it is hooked up with wire lugs (not a plastic connector) on black and yellow wires. The same wire connectors on blk & yel are hanging out at the ceiling where they would connect to the side windows, but those windows don't have the defrosters. I wonder if that is not "normal"? Maybe I can ask my wife to find my DVM and bring the tractor closer to the house and I could see if/when it is energized. It would be fun just to sit in it. Brand new (to me) and I can't do anything, so frustrating.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #7  
Our open station L3830 has the same plug in the back with the same colors. It is supposed to be used for a rear work light or something. It is switched to turn on when the key is on.

Aaron Z

Our open station L3830 has the same plug in the back with the same colors. It is supposed to be used for a rear work light or something. It is switched to turn on when the key is on.

Aaron Z

Hmmm... Wonder what I should use that power for? Maybe I'll just tap into those wires up near the dash for a rear view cam.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #9  
I think it's for defrost. I believe mine has them.
When I added rear lights all the wiring was there.
These wires probably go to the overhead switch area, and there is probably power available there.

/ L40 Cab owners-- what is this elec. connector? #10  
Its only on the left. The big rear window has a defroster, it is hooked up with wire lugs (not a plastic connector) on black and yellow wires. The same wire connectors on blk & yel are hanging out at the ceiling where they would connect to the side windows, but those windows don't have the defrosters. I wonder if that is not "normal"? Maybe I can ask my wife to find my DVM and bring the tractor closer to the house and I could see if/when it is energized. It would be fun just to sit in it. Brand new (to me) and I can't do anything, so frustrating.

Sure don't mean to derail this thread, but is your rear defroster inside the rear glass or applied to it? My 5030HSTC had wires in the glass and my 5740HSTC is applied so I can't use window tint.