Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #1  

martialplumber

Bronze Member
Tractor
2002 Kubota L4610HST-HC
What would be the best style of snowblower for my Kubota L4610.It seems the rear snowblowers are the most cost effective but I think I would rather have a front mounted one.Is the anyone running either one of these on this tractor.

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #2  
I would have liked a front blower but the price was too cost prohibitive for just doing a handful of driveways I do. I am happy using an old 7 1/2' truck plow I adapted to a QA plate on the front. Then I found a used 84" Lorenz double auger 3 pt. blower at a great price on CL. I refurbed and painted that and now use both where needed.

Attachments

• DSCN2011 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2011 (Medium).JPG
    170 KB · Views: 85
  • DSCN2003 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN2003 (Medium).JPG
    195 KB · Views: 96
   / Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #3  
Rear blowers are in the $2-3k range front is pushing $8k or so. Personally I prefer plowing as it's faster. I had a 3pt blower on the L3200 for the 10-20% of the time the plow wouldn't cut it.

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc
I have about one mile of gravel roads that cut through the woods that have to be kept open, We have been using a pick up with a plow but as the snow banks get higher you just run out of room.I am hoping to get a snowblower to blow all the snow into the woods.We just got another 2' from yesterdays nor'easter and when the snow really piles up and snow banks get to high we have to hire someone with larger equipment to push back the snow banks.I know the rears are less expensive ,but I hate the thought of turning around looking back the whole time I am using the snow blower.I did find this on craigslist I do not know if it would work on my tractor.7' snow blower skid steer bob cat tractor attachment high flow trades

Attachments

• Snowblower 1.jpg
    Snowblower 1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 99
  • snowblower 2.jpg
    snowblower 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 88
   / Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #5  
I have used front blowers/plows for years. The front, for me is a nobrainer. I can switch from plow to blower in a couple of minutes. On my 3350 you have to remove the feel in order to use the front sub frame. My place is in the woods so plowing is problematic as the snow banks get too high and the drive gets too narrow. Also I have noted that if I turn to look out out the rear window the safety will shut down the motor.

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #6  
I have about one mile of gravel roads that cut through the woods that have to be kept open, We have been using a pick up with a plow but as the snow banks get higher you just run out of room.I am hoping to get a snowblower to blow all the snow into the woods.We just got another 2' from yesterdays nor'easter and when the snow really piles up and snow banks get to high we have to hire someone with larger equipment to push back the snow banks.I know the rears are less expensive ,but I hate the thought of turning around looking back the whole time I am using the snow blower.I did find this on craigslist I do not know if it would work on my tractor.

snow blower skid steer bob cat tractor attachment high flow trades

In short, NO.

The long version is a bit more nuanced. You could mount it on a SSQA loader & hook it up to your hydraulics. It would even spin. But tractors don't have nearly enough hydraulics to run one. That answer goes for a low flow impliment & that one is even worse needing high flow. You could buy or make a PTO powered hydraulic system to run it but that would cost several grand extra & be less efficient than PTO.

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc
Fallon: Thank you for that information ,Looking around it seems that Erskine Attachments makes a back to front PTO kit, is that the way my tractor should be done. I take it this is why it is around 8k to do .Is there any other manufactures that also use that system or is a little more cost effective like Woods,Land Pride,etc

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #8  
A couple of other things you should no is that a front mount blower requires a sub frame,with related drive shafts. You might want a hydraulic chute rotator ($800). All the pieces and parts add up the $$$$$.

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #9  
This youtube video was already linked to another thread on this forum, so maybe you've already seen it.

It's a possible alternative solution for you if you can't find a regular front mount to go on your Kubota L4610hsthc
Frankenblower shot with Nikon D71 - YouTube
What's good about this set-up is the tractors engine rpm does not have to be turned up to run PTO operating speed.

/ Snowblower for a Kubota L4610hsthc #10  
This youtube video was already linked to another thread on this forum, so maybe you've already seen it.

It's a possible alternative solution for you if you can't find a regular front mount to go on your Kubota L4610hsthc
Frankenblower shot with Nikon D71 - YouTube
What's good about this set-up is the tractors engine rpm does not have to be turned up to run PTO operating speed.
That's my buddies setup, he still likes the way it works. Search Youtube for Frankenblower and you can see a video that tells more about it.