Dpf issue.

/ Dpf issue. #11  
Well I did find out something interesting...some I never knew and found it well mind boggling......another kubota dealer I was talking with,explained a few things to me about tractors and sales...I was asking home about dpf issues on certain models and years.!! He stopped me and said..( it didn't matter much what year you buy a tractor,mentioned if he had a 2014 tractor on his lot,and year is now 2017,the law he mentioned allows him to sell that tractor as a 2017..) now how can that be.!! That just blew my mind...so if you think your buying a 2017 model....I suggest think twice and check check and double check.....
New one on me. That's just crazy. :confused3:

No wonder why people are asking if there is a code in the VIN number to determine when the tractor was manufactured. :rolleyes:

/ Dpf issue.
LoL ..good one ford850..got me going at first didn't read whole message.!! I know less horse power,and no mid pto,.....but I couldn't have my cake and eat it too...would be great ..lol.......I had a 2008 b26.. I did trade it up for the b3350 ...I tried it for 11hrs...with rear blower..and just didn't enjoy how the fel reacted to moving snow,and busting ice banks..too much wobble in fel..also was a lil downer to the mechanical thumb,enjoyed the hydraulic..but upside on the 3350 was the cab,heat and radio.....other issue was if I was inside and on the move in the 3350 I couldn't reach the controls to swing backhoe out of way of things.....so I butt heads with my dealer we came to a conclusion and I settled for the b26 with laurin cab...ohh and no ulcer (dpf) lol.....on another note dealer said b26 was delivered on their lot January 2017 ..ok ..but what year was it manufactured !! ..was the big question...was October 2016 ...it's kinda mind boggling how they can sell a 2016 as a 2017 model...

/ Dpf issue. #13  
When it comes to cars, Detroit usually brings out the new models in August. So ... any car manufactured in October of ANY year is really sold as a year later car.

That is, the 2018 models come out in August 2017 or so, so any car made in August (or about there) onward will be a 2018 model year. Nothing new there. Been going on for as long as the "new model year" became marketing ploy.

But a 2014 as a 2017? No way! That should be investigated legally, by an attorney for the PEOPLE, not the manufacturers!

/ Dpf issue.
If you take a look at,let's just say a b26...now if you buy one in 2017,and compare it to a let's say 2015 or 2012... what changes would you see?!! Usually on a car there are very noticeable changes,..on the b26 absolutely unnoticeable..nothing changes...!!..so I was told straight from the horses mouth ( kubota dealer) that dealers have done this and to this day continue to do it.....like I had said I found that just totally mind boggling...

/ Dpf issue. #15  
If you take a look at,let's just say a b26...now if you buy one in 2017,and compare it to a let's say 2015 or 2012... what changes would you see?!! Usually on a car there are very noticeable changes,..on the b26 absolutely unnoticeable..nothing changes...!!..so I was told straight from the horses mouth ( kubota dealer) that dealers have done this and to this day continue to do it.....like I had said I found that just totally mind boggling...
It's odd to some because of how we compare the process to buying cars and trucks. If you think of most other things you buy, you are buying a model or style and don't know how long it's been sitting in a warehouse waiting to be sold. I recently bought a Carhartt jacket I found on a rack that was probably ten years old. I could tell due to the style of the tags I recognized from many years ago. It didn't bother me since it was the style and size I was looking for. Washing machines, nail guns, refrigerators, hand tools, etc, are all sold without us knowing when they were built and we don't think anything of it. Tractors fit in the odd gray area between other products and cars. When they are resold as used, they are sold by the model, the hours on the engine, and overall condition. The year it was built doesn't matter much.

/ Dpf issue.
That said about your carhartt,you knew what you were buying..by looking at tags..and you were fine with that...as for house hold electronics and appliances also vehicles..models change.from year to year..be it a nob,different motor,door a light.....and we see that we can tell...correct ! What I'm saying you are buying it because it's new.! Up to date ..2012 dish washer too a 2017 model,..totally different ..why cause you can see that......as for a tractor..your TOLD that your buying a 2017 model..because that's what the dealer tells you..heck go as far as giving you a piece of paper stating that...but sales rep knowing that it's a 2014-15-16 model..wouldn't you love to know with comfort that in 2017 that YOU ( the consumer) paid x-amount of money for model of the year your buying...I know I would...

/ Dpf issue. #17  
My dealers don't say what year they are, they simply say "new". If I ask, they can look it up to see how long it's been sitting there but they still sell it as new in 2017, not specifically a 2017 model. I guess it's all in how its worded.

/ Dpf issue. #18  

Lopez, I've been in and around tractors for 70 years now....and what boggles me is that you are surprised. In my own ignorance I thought that this practice of labeling by year sold was common knowledge. Just so you can relax, the second dealer is being straight with you; tractors have been labeled by the year sold for a long time now. This isn't some kind of new or nefarious practice. The only exceptions I can think of offhand happened for a short while 50 years ago when competition was so fierce in the agricultural market that farm tractors were coming out with obvious improvements every two or three years. Those were referred to by dealers and customers based on when the model was first marketed....but that was an exception.
The more general rule is - and always has been - that tractors within any basic model run are labeled as new when sold. if you want to know where a particular machine stands with regard to changes and upgrades within that model, the normal way is to compare on the basis of serial number, NOT by the year it was sold.
Hope this helps,
rScotty

/ Dpf issue. #19  
Have you ever been asked by a Kubota dealer what year your tractor is when ordering parts? No, all that matters is the serial number, running changes are tracked by serial number not by model year or year of manufacture. It wasn't until coming on this board that I found anybody that was even concerned about what year their tractor was. When I started working on Kubotas the dealership didn't even have a computer, we used microfiche and a touch tone phone for ordering parts. That was nearly 30 years ago.

/ Dpf issue. #20  
When automobiles were first manufactured, they didn't have "model years" either. Henry Ford's Model T was sold for decades as the same basic vehicle. After a while the car manufacturers figured out they could sell more cars by introducing a "new" model every year to make customers think their old cars were out of date. So we got model years for cars.

The farm equipment companies never did that because they were selling tools to farmers who had no interest in buying a new tool as long as their old one wasn't worn out. So the need to change tractor models every year just didn't happen and models only got changed when there were significant functional improvements. International Harvester, for example, sold the same model H tractor - essentially unchanged - from 1939 to 1953 with only minor mechanical improvements.

If you think about it like that, it sort of makes sense. You'll find the same thing is true with construction equipment, for example. If you went to buy parts for an excavator or a bulldozer, they'd look at you kind of funny if you started talking about "model years".