BX2200 won't start

/ BX2200 won't start #1  

HelGen

BX2200 won\'t start

I was cutting grass on Sat, going along just fine for about three hours. Wife came out to tell me something and I turned off the tractor. Now it won't start. I was initially just going to blame it all on her... but decided I do have to eat every day.

It turns over fine, and fires up, then just stops immediately. I replaced the fuel filters and checked that it was actually pumping fuel. Filled it up with diesel (was on about 1/2 tank when it quit working). Bled the fuel lines. Checked fuses. Checked gear-shift and PTO levers to ensure no obstructions.

It really acts like it's not getting fuel flow, but I turned the key when changing fuel filters and it's pumping.

Any ideas?

/ BX2200 won't start #2  
Re: BX2200 won\'t start

Is it shutting down right when you release the key, or does it run for a few minutes and then shut down?

/ BX2200 won't start

It shuts down right when I release the key.

/ BX2200 won't start #4  

I may be wrong, but I think there was a recent thread about a similar problem and it turned out to bue a blown fuse...

So I would check the fuses. I think there is one for the fuel shutoff solenoid...

If I have that thread book marked I will post it. I hope I am not off base in this recollection...

/ BX2200 won't start #5  

Henro...... Your power of recall is remarkable. That is exactly what happened to the other person and that is exactly what the problem was. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ BX2200 won't start

Just rechecked the fuses again. None blown. I even replaced them all one-by-one, trying to start after each, same thing. Rechecked all after replacing. None blown.

/ BX2200 won't start #8  

I was hoping that someone would come up with the thread. I remembered the condition happening on another post, that's why I asked about when it was cutting out. Junkmans right, Henro, your the man. You remembered it better than I could.

/ BX2200 won't start #9  

Bird pointed out a similar problem some time ago. It was due to his releasing the key too sharply; the key's return spring was sufficient to then rotate the key to the "off" position.
EBS

/ BX2200 won't start #10  

<font color="blue">It really acts like it's not getting fuel flow, but I turned the key when changing fuel filters and it's pumping
</font>

Is it pumping when the key is turned to start? or run? Both?