Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #1  

milemarker211

Tractor
Kubota
Sorry I forgot to add my other question, but my Kubota dealer is 40 miles away and I asked the salesman if, in order to keep the warranty up, it would be necessary for me to have it done by a Kubota dealer. He said "no," but it's expected that the tractor be serviced as to recommended scheduling. Since I don't have the means to take the tractor back and forth and renting a truck and trailer to do that could get expensive, can the suggested maintenance jobs be done by someone with limited mechanical experience or am I kidding myself? By the way, this would be for a Kubota L2501 w. loader and loaded rear tires -- not sure yet if I should go w. industrial or Ag tires.
Thanks

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #2  
Oil and filter changes and greasing should be able to be done by someone with minimal mechanical knowledge. Usually the most work that's involved is removing a bolt or two in order to access the suction filter or drain oil. Support from this and the OrangeTractorTalks forum will keep you in the know!

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #3  
My dealer is also about 40 miles away(Kubota),he picks up and returns my tractor for $75.I have always had the dealer do my services(two new tractors).No question about the right filters and fluids being used.I put about 150 hours per year so service is every 18 months or so.

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #4  
Welcome.

I do my own service unless I need warranty work. Anyone with good mechanical knowledge can do the service on your tractor. The procedure will be in the owners manual. Just keep records of the date and hours service was performed.

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #5  
I am 75 and have had dozens of cars and pickups, a couple of motorcycles and one tractor, a Kubota BX24. My take is cars and trucks are like dating, motorcycles are like getting married, a tractor is like having a child. You are not going to be able to outsource all the things you have to do to make it work.

Last edited:
   / Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post
Thanks for all replies and yes, I do things like filters and oil changes and lubes as well, so it looks like i'm going to buy the L2501 HST and ask the dealer if he can give me a price on picking up the tractor for servicing where I feel that my skills are more limited. Am sure that support from this Forum will be a big help too. Thx again!

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #7  
Fluid changes on a tractor are no worse than a car or lawnmower. Just need a bigger bucket for the several gallons of fluid.

Make sure you grease everything every 10 hours regardless of who does the fluids. Your owners manual will tell you where.

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #8  
Fluid changes on a tractor are no worse than a car or lawnmower. Just need a bigger bucket for the several gallons of fluid.

Make sure you grease everything every 10 hours regardless of who does the fluids. Your owners manual will tell you where.
That's every "ten hours" of use!You don't have to get up in the middle of the night to grease your tractor!I l have done some of my fluid changes;it's not that hard.Let the dealer do the first one.

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #9  
That's every "ten hours" of use!You don't have to get up in the middle of the night to grease your tractor!I l have done some of my fluid changes;it's not that hard.Let the dealer do the first one.

Wow! Now I can finally get a full nights sleep.

/ Forgot to ask the 'Maintenance' portion in previous post #10  
Wow! Now I can finally get a full nights sleep.
Depends on how new the tractor is. First few nights I was babying it every few hours. That didn't last long though, now it works for a living. :p