adding rear remotes to MX5100

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100 #1  

baseballtrapper

Tractor
None
I'm looking to add 2 rear remotes and T-N-T to a MX5100 HST that already has FEL and true 3rd function. I was wondering if you guys could confirm that I have the correct idea of the flow of the hydraulic system that I drew in the pic. All advice such as setup options, valve brands, etc. is appreciated.
Thanks guys

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100 #2  
The In, Out, and R on the return , assuming the R means return.....the out should be correctly labeled as PB. If that is what you meant by that, then yes you are correct. Just make sure whatever valve you get for the rears, you also get the PB conversion kit for it. Sometimes its adding a plug, sometimes removing, etc. Consult the MFG documents to be sure. But you have things correct so far.

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100 #3  
You have it figured out. :thumbsup: If you want good valves that will give you Zero problems, get Bucher valves. I highly recommend getting both valves with the float feature.

Good luck. ;)

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100
I can't find any reviews on the Butcher hydro valves. As for the float, I was thinking about Prince Wolverine 2 spool w/ 1 float 2 SPOOL 8 GPM PRINCE MB21GB5C1 DA VALVE W/FLOAT
I'm a newbie to hydraulics and feel free to recommend products or pm me with negative reviews. I only have plans to use the remotes for T-N-T using a box blade and rear blade. I feel there is no need for me to have 3 remotes. However, you guys could likely change my perception on that ha.

I would prefer to purchase a good quality valve as I purchased the tractor new and plan on keeping it's entire lifetime

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100 #6  
I have Top and tilt. But also have a transport disc that takes hydraulics to raise the wheels. And would much like to find a hydraulic angle rear blade. So those are just a few options that need a 3rd set.

You could always remove the toplink cylinder or simply unplug it or a sidelink cylinder to free up a remote. But for me, a few bucks to the project to get triples was well worth it

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100 #7  
I used that same Prince 2 spool valve when adding 2 rear remotes to my old L3430 HST. I made a simple bracket bolted to the ROPS which held the valve just above the right fender. The Prince valve works well since the spool control arms can be mounted horizontally as well as vertically.

P1050625a.jpg P1050628a.jpg

The L3430 was already equipped with a single rear remote so I used the prince valve to add 2 more. I found the extra cost of adding two rather than just one wasn't much more. I use an 8' York rake which in addition to the TNT kit, requires a third remote for the power angle cylinder. I found the three remotes to be handy enough to justify spending the $$ to have 3 OEM remotes installed on the new MX5800.

Your hydraulic circuit diagram looks like it should work but use caution when making the physical connections to avoid damage. Since I have a BH, I tapped into the hoe hydraulics to power the Prince valve. The BH hydraulic circuit is the same on the MX series as it is on the L3xxx. If you have a BH on your MX, it is easier to power the valve from there rather than go to the manifold.

P1010205b.jpg P1050990a.jpg

You could always remove the toplink cylinder or simply unplug it or a sidelink cylinder to free up a remote.

That is my plan. Guys, your info has been helpful. Feel free to keep it coming. Thanks

use caution when making the physical connections to avoid damage.

Thanks for the advice. Can you be specific on the physical connections in which to use caution? Keep in mind I'm a newbie so "dumb-it down" as much as you can :) Thanks

/ adding rear remotes to MX5100 #10  
Thanks for the advice. Can you be specific on the physical connections in which to use caution? Keep in mind I'm a newbie so "dumb-it down" as much as you can :) Thanks

Hydraulic fluid must continuously flow through the circuit since it is an open center system. The valves redirect part of it to cylinders, motors, etc. Completely blocking the flow through the circuit may cause pump damage.