L4330 50 Hr service cost

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #1  

JoeR

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030HSTC
I called my dealership and asked how much to do a 50hr service on my L4330. They quoted $300 just for labor. Does this sound right?

Thanks,

Joe

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #2  
I just did the 50 hour service my L5030HST. All the fluids and filter (plus a outer air filter and a fuel filter) cost $297.00 and my own labor. Did they say how much they are charging an hour? I can't believe it would take more than 3 hours for someone who has done it before. Does that include transporting the tractor or coming to your place?

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #3  
Joe, the 50 hour service is relatively simple. I don't have the schedule in front of me but on the HST you can add in about $100 for the oil. The filter is a high pressure filter. I can't remember, but it seems I bought 2- 5 gallon buckets of UDT. Engine oil change is easier then a car, that filter is about $6. The other filters are about $50 for the two. The HST filter is a high pressure machined filter. The hydraulic filter is nothing special other then a big magnet at the base to help retain metal shavings. If your not comfortable doing it yourself, then consider the dealer, but get a full cost to change all the oil including the front axle. If it were costing me $300 in labor to do this relatively simple task, I'd learn pretty fast. It is simple when done in steps. Do one thing one day if necessary and tackle the other another day. The fuel filter on my Kubota has yet to be changed and it is perhaps the one thing I go off schedule on. I don't believe it is necessary to change the filter unless it gets obviously dirty. I use clean diesel so figure it will be some time before it gets changed. The fuel filter is cheap, but changing it as manual suggests is in my opinion is unncessary. You are more likely to introduce foreign objects into the fuel system changing the fuel filter then perhaps at any other time. If you decide to tackle it yourself, rest assured, many folks here have done so and found in some cases it to be a little messy changing the hydraulic fluid, but learned a few things in the mean time.

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #4  
The answer to your question does $300 labor sound right from a dealer? At current dealer rates of $60-70 an hour I would say yes. You'll have another $300 in fluids and filters. If you are mechanically inclined at all it is not hard but getting rid of 12-15 gallons of fluid might be for some. Rat gave a lot of good advice. Doing it yourself, you will learn a lot about your tractor.

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost
Thanks everyone. I will be doing it myself. I am shocked they would charge master mechanic rates for a fluid change. I think the work should match the expertise of the rate. I know most of us can take our cars to a dealership and pay $25.00 for an oil change with filter and fluids. I don't mind paying $300 for all the fluids (there is a great deal of fluids), but $300 for the labor seems excessive.

Once again, thanks for all the input. I might be typing again if I run into problems, although, it seems like a straight forward task to change the fluids and filters.

Joe

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #6  
Biggest task is how to hold that much oil. I find temporarily putting the hydro plug back in to empty my 15 quart oil pan no big deal. Your fingers get some oil on them, but being clean hydraulic oil, readily comes off with a little soap when finished. I just have a extra empty 5 gallon bucket to pour the used oil into, then use one of the empty new hydro buckets after it gets emptied. I suggest putting UDT in the front axle as well. That is what most come with. It's your option, gear oil is also allowed. Have a good filter wrench, the hydro filter can be tight.

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #7  
Joe R . In a couple of days I'll post you the cost of a 50hr service .(Mines a 3130 and uses super UDT . I'm sure the price will reflect that ) I'm doing that ,having the front diff lube changed and adding a few things I should have done from new .
I'm sure it'll make me want to sit down ,and take a few deep breaths /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif John

/ L4330 50 Hr service cost #8  
RAT
where are you getting filters for that price? can you post thier number? prices i got were 47.65 for high pressure and 32 for the other. 6 for the oil filter sounds right.fuel filer $3.55, air outer $15.93 and inner $11.93.