Michael Aos

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370-1 RTV500
BX2370B2320BX2680B2601B2650
LoaderLA243ALA304LA344LA434LA534A
500mm max height518545659827
pivot pin, max height7457729481146
I bought the BX2370 predominantly to build / rebuild a bunch of privacy fence. Thinking post-hole digger and a powered wheelbarrow. Also wanted to address several landscaping / deferred maintenance issues.

It's been great in that regard. Discovered a bunch of uses for it that I'd hadn't anticipated. Also realized some things are a lot heavier than I would have guessed. Weight matters.

Wishing it could lift more, I'd been glancing at specs and comparing the 518lb (500mm, max height) on the BX2370 -vs- 948lb (pivot pin, max height) on the B2601.

Got me thinking I could get nearly twice the lifting ability for not a lot more money. I finally wrote some numbers down so I could see things side-by-side.

Not as much difference as I thought.
--

Last edited:
   / BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #2  
Yeah looking at the specs sheet, at 500mm it only lifts 659lb.

http://www.kubota.com/assets/product/comps/B01/B01_Comps_Implements.pdf

If you want to get a little more oomph out of your loader, you should check the hydraulic pressure and bump it up if you can. Kubota is known for setting these on the low side. I raised mine up a few hundred psi and it made a fairly good difference in loader performance.

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #3  
At it again? Lol

Just get a 160hp Kubota with a FEL and be done with it.

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #4  
If I were you I would pick the tractor you think you need and get the next size up. That way you can grow into the tractor.

Also are you gonna sell your BX and buy another? Or are you just gonna buy another tractor?

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #5  
Yeah looking at the specs sheet, at 500mm it only lifts 659lb.

http://www.kubota.com/assets/product/comps/B01/B01_Comps_Implements.pdf

If you want to get a little more oomph out of your loader, you should check the hydraulic pressure and bump it up if you can. Kubota is known for setting these on the low side. I raised mine up a few hundred psi and it made a fairly good difference in loader performance.

There's a reason they lowered the pressure, the little Kubota's got a bad name for blowing hydraulic hoses.

Something to do carefully

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger
:thumbsup:

Actually, I think now that I have some numbers in front of me, I feel a little better about my original decision.

I went in wanting SMALL, so I never even considered the larger models. Had started 2nd guessing myself when it could barely lift an unattached stump off the ground.

I should break it down to $$/lb of loader lift. I suspect I'd see the BX2370 is the best bang for the buck.
--

At it again? Lol

Just get a 160hp Kubota with a FEL and be done with it.

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger
My ORIGINAL thought was to purchase the BX2370 for the fencing and landscaping projects (about an acre total). Spend a year or two them, and sell it when I'm done.

Now that I've had it a while, I'm finding it's awfully handy -- and not sure the projects will ever really be done. Thinking maybe I should keep a tractor around for a while.

So if I'm going to keep a tractor around for a while -- is there a better choice than the BX2370 for my small space?

I had thought the B's were only physically slightly larger and roughly TWICE the capacity.

Now that I see the numbers side-by-side, it doesn't look like that much of a gain compared to the expense of switching now.

IMG_3516.jpeg
--

If I were you I would pick the tractor you think you need and get the next size up. That way you can grow into the tractor.

Also are you gonna sell your BX and buy another? Or are you just gonna buy another tractor?

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #8  
My ORIGINAL thought was to purchase the BX2370 for the fencing and landscaping projects (about an acre total). Spend a year or two them, and sell it when I'm done.

Now that I've had it a while, I'm finding it's awfully handy -- and not sure the projects will ever really be done. Thinking maybe I should keep a tractor around for a while.

So if I'm going to keep a tractor around for a while -- is there a better choice than the BX2370 for my small space?

I had thought the B's were only physically slightly larger and roughly TWICE the capacity.

Now that I see the numbers side-by-side, it doesn't look like that much of a gain compared to the expense of switching now.
--

I'm sorry, Kubotas biggest tractor is the M7 a 130hp tractor and not sure if they offer it with a FEL or not.

I wouldn't mind owning a BX myself, I would have all kinds of things for it to do, I would fit it with a little disk or tiller and fix some areas inside my stall area that I can't possibly hope to fit in with my JD.

I would mow with it and do all kinds of stuff, maybe after I pay off my 4320 I will look into a smaller sub compact but honestly a large garden tractor would be capable of the same for what I need.

If you were closer I would invite you and your BX over for a little work in the pasture lol.

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #9  
With my two BX's I am always playing the, Hmmm, a "B" would be nice and I am sure I am right, but I can get a lot done with the BX's. I can drag what I can't lift and probably do it more safely. I don't have a big place and the BX can get into places nothing else can. In your case, I think you are kinda screwed anyway, because you are going to want a backhoe soon so...BX25D:thumbsup:

/ BX2370 loader -vs- something larger #10  
Get whatever you need to lift the rare very heavy items from the rear of the tractor.

Bruce