Loader bucket tooth bar

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #1  

Edhof

Tractor
Kubota B2710
Have an LA401 front loader on a B2710. Want to add a tooth bar for spring work. Gill sells them. Has anyone installed and used a Gill 7 tooth, tooth bar on a LA401 loader bucket? Was there much retrofitting involved? Can it be considered a fast on and off attachment?

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #2  
Don't know about the specific brand you're installing, but I was use to my Bobcat having the dirt bucket with teeth and a utlility bucket so I considered the tooth bar a must for me. I installed mine on my B2100 w/DuAl loader. No real retro fit per se. Drill two holes in the sides of the bucket, slide it in place, put in two bolts /flat washers/lock washers, tighten up, you're in business. Real easy off and on. Easier than putting on the box scraper. I've done things with that lil tractor that would make most who post here cringe and bring me up on lil tractor abuse charges...but it never misses a beat, and I've never picked up the slightest distortion on the bucket. Personally, I wouldn't be without one.

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #3  
Edhof, I don't know about the different brands, but the tooth bars come in different lengths and if it's a little too long, it can simply be cut in two, shortened a bit, and welded back together, which is what I had to do to the used one I bought. No big deal and then it's just two bolts off and on.

Bird

/ Loader bucket tooth bar
To: Rocky2 and Bird,
Thanks, Thats all the encouragement I needed.
Edhof

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #5  
Edhof,
Hi. I have a BX22 and was wondering if you know where I can find a tooth bar (48")? I did a search on the web and didn't find anything. If you could give me the names of a manufacturer or two that would be great.

Thanks, Jim

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #6  
Carver Equip Has Toothbars to fit

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #7  
Jim,
Many tooth bars come in a few standard sizes and then the dealer cuts and rewelds for a given loader. I have a Woods bar and that is how it was done. Well worth the investment. If your local dealers do not stock them, check with skid steer dealers.

Markv

/ Loader bucket tooth bar #8  
I got mine from Leonard Sheaffer at Sheaffer Tractor 815-284-3226, sheaftractor@coiinc.com. My 60" bar cost $293 delivered to my door. Took about 2 weeks. Seems to be well made.

Maury Jacobs