B7800 over heating?

/ B7800 over heating? #1  

Rob 80

Silver Member
Tractor
B2650
Tractor will over heat if used for more than 15 min even if it's just idling. radiator is full and the radiator fan spins, screen is also clean.

Any other ideas as to why it's over heating? Has around 300 hrs on it.

/ B7800 over heating? #2  
Failed water/coolant pump? Happened to me.

/ B7800 over heating? #4  
Also, stuff gets through the screen, remove the screen and use a light to look through the radiator fins especially at the bottom of the radiator. May have to remove the radiator shroud to check it.

/ B7800 over heating? #5  
Crank it up. Have access to the radiator hoses. When gauge says it's hot is the top radiator hose hot? How about the bottom hose?

If top radiator hose stays cool the thermostat isn't opening.

If top radiator hose gets hot but bottom hose stays cool then water pump isn't circulating coolant.

If both hoses are hot then gauge is faulty.

/ B7800 over heating? #6  
Check air filter etc. for the heck of it.

/ B7800 over heating? #7  
Tractor will over heat if used for more than 15 min even if it's just idling. radiator is full and the radiator fan spins, screen is also clean.

Any other ideas as to why it's over heating? Has around 300 hrs on it.

The only time I have over heated mine was mowing reeds and cat tails with a rear mount mower and the fluff from the cat tails plugged the radiator. I was watching the screen and keeping it clean but the build up in the radiator got me. I cleaned it up with compressed air then the pressure washer.

/ B7800 over heating? #8  
Best way to check water pump is to check and see if water is dripping on the bottom side. Then remove belt and check for movement in the shaft. That is after you checked belt and cleaned the radiator, next would be the thermostat. After all that then you well have to go for a head gasket or cracked head.

/ B7800 over heating? #9  
Crank it up. Have access to the radiator hoses. When gauge says it's hot is the top radiator hose hot? How about the bottom hose?

If top radiator hose stays cool the thermostat isn't opening.

If top radiator hose gets hot but bottom hose stays cool then water pump isn't circulating coolant.

If both hoses are hot then gauge is faulty.

OVERSZD has it 100% covered. Just do as he said.

/ B7800 over heating? #10  
Don't forget that the radiator can be plugged up inside which will give you a hot top hose and cold bottom hose.