Kubota BX2370RV-1

/ Kubota BX2370RV-1 #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all,

Going to help a relative and they need about 12-15 acres shredded. He sold his larger tractor/shredder and now has the BC2370 w a 4ft underneath shredder.

Not sure how tall the grass is, but if about 6-10", how long will it take to shred 12-15 acres? I have an M5400S 2 a 9ft offset shredder, and it takes a lot less time than my 6ft shredder, so w a 4 ft underneath, can you pls tell me what I am looking at here? Also, are there any quirks or tips I need to know when operating this size tractor? The land does not have any major hills or inclines, just maybe some low spots that could be moist. The land is NNE of Austin TX by 40-50 miles.

Also, what does the RV-1 mean? Pls let me know if you have any questions.

I do appreciate your help, thank you very much?

regards, tstex

/ Kubota BX2370RV-1 #2  
Allowing for a 6" overlap, a 48" Rotary Cutter will cut a swathe 42" narrow.
I would not want to cut twelve acres with a 42" swathe, especially not during hot weather in Texas.
DAYS. It will take days.

I suggest waiting until grass is 24" high, then having a Bush Hog service, Right-of-Way mowing service, or Hay service cut it on contract with a 12' batwing cutter.

/ Kubota BX2370RV-1
I agree Jeff...this is a unique scenario. My father-in-law has been having memory issues and was diagnosed w Altz. So now they are in a rush to sell the place before it gets too hot. So I am forced to cut this, but do not have the capacity to haul-up my tractor and shredder. But, I get the drill w the small swathe and it taking forever.

So, switching gears, I am inclined to ask someone local to use their tractor/shredder, but hiring one would be uncomfortable and asking them to do so ranks up there too. I think his wife would understand, but he wouldn't at this point and that would cause strife. My family is coming up this weekend too to celebrate us 82 bday, so I am trying to keep the mood positive.

Anyway, anyone have a good pitch for knocking on someone's door and asking to use their gear for their next-door nbor? They live in town and have not had this but for 2 yrs so they are not plugged in very well. thanks, tstex

/ Kubota BX2370RV-1 #4  
I would specify nearest town to where mowing needs to be done.

Good people on this site. You may get a volunteer.

Last edited:
   / Kubota BX2370RV-1
Many thanks Jim.

It's about 3-4 miles ENE of Weir, Tx off Cty Rd 154...Weir is about 8-10 miles E of Georgetown [which is N of Austin].

I would not expect anyone to do the work - I would do the shredding, then fill-up the tank afterwards, hit all the zerks, then clean her up...shredder too.

Thanks again, tstex