Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota Z724 & Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Default Re: 9 years from my original Battery

Quote Originally Posted by sixdogs View Post
    I used to get 4 years out of a battery and called it good. Then I discovered the new "smart" chargers that also repair and desulphate the battery. I charge each fall late in the season and now I get 10, 11 and 12 years out of good batteries. Those old high power chargers just cooked the dickins out of the battery and killed more than they cured is what I have learned. There are others but I have a Genius 3.5A and paid around $68 for it. I'm never going back. There are other threads on smart chargers.
    I've had one of those chargers for years...They work great in re-condition mode.
    BX23TLB with 54" MMM
    RTV1100 with 72" Power Angle Plow
    Z724 ZTR
    Polaris Sportsman 570 Touring

Tractor
    Kubota BX2660

Following this thread, got my BX2660 in 09/2008, central VA, still starts easily with original battery.

Tractor
    2003 NH TC30

Got 10 years out of my original TC30 battery. It helped that I plugged it in over the winter - made starting easy!
    NH TC30, 7308 loader, 7' snowbear plow, 5' hiller, 5' tillovator (agrisupply), International Agritech 5' towable Bushhog. dumping carryhall, camo brush trailer, 8 hp Trencherman backhoe, International disk harrow, International single plow, Sears ZTL 7000, 8hp Roto Hoe Shredder'nChipper, CubCadet 524 snow blower, CubCadet rear tine tiller, working forge

Tractor
    Kubota L3430HST

Still on the original battery in my 2003 L3430...........................

Tractor
    Kubota M6040

The original battery in my brand new 1982 Ford 1700 lasted eleven years. The replacement - which was supposedly the same quality - lasted four.

Ain't technology grand.......... Industry has learned and adroitly applied the technology - engineered obsolescence. Its a real money maker.........
    "isn't it weird that in AMERICA, our flag & our culture offend so many people - but our benefits do not"

Tractor
    L4200GST w/ LA680 & BX2200D w/ LA211

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth in Texas View Post
    Dont think Ive ever had a battery last that long in my lifetime.

Any particular make that most are using as a replacement? Original kubota battery just too high dollar for me
    That's really impressive for being in TX. 10 years is no big deal up here in the cold climates, but almost unheard of down south. I finally had to change my L4200's battery this past fall after 12 years - and that was a replacement. I get my batteries at Sam's Club - Duracell. I get the highest cranking amp battery that will fit into the slot - I think my new one is 1100 CCA.

Tractor
    a fleet of them

Got a 2002 kubota that still has the battery it came with when new. I dont recall ever having to jump it.

Tractor
    Kubota L3400 DT

I just replaced the battery in my2012 Rhino with around 150 hr on it, and it was gone, wouldn't even restart after plowing snow for a hr. Tractor kabota battery is 10 yr, 8 months old with little over 1000 hr on it, cold starts are always done with block heater on, 20* or less, but it showing signs of slow starting, without block heater on I dont think it would start on even turn motor over, makes me wonder if the old battery is still giving full heat to the glow plugs, seems like now I have to hold the key back longer than I use to.
    Jer. 6:16, AV) (II Cor. 3:17 "and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty")

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD 5520, 790- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100, M7040

Quote Originally Posted by Jay4200 View Post
    That's really impressive for being in TX. 10 years is no big deal up here in the cold climates, but almost unheard of down south. I finally had to change my L4200's battery this past fall after 12 years - and that was a replacement. I get my batteries at Sam's Club - Duracell. I get the highest cranking amp battery that will fit into the slot - I think my new one is 1100 CCA.
    As far as I know, the big 1100 CCA's like that are only available in the north. I used to get them in Maine but down here I'm lucky to find a 950 CCA. Big CCA batteries are definitely an advantage to a cold climate.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    M 9540 Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth in Texas View Post
    Dont think Ive ever had a battery last that long in my lifetime.

Any particular make that most are using as a replacement? Original kubota battery just too high dollar for me
    I had a similar situation, About 9 years out of the factory battery on my Harley, that also was no "maintainer" in the 5 month winter season like I should have. I went ahead and spent the $tupid money for another HD battery, only a few years on it now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast