9 years from my original Battery

/ 9 years from my original Battery #1  

Kenneth in Texas

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L2800 4wd, FEL
Dont think Ive ever had a battery last that long in my lifetime.

Any particular make that most are using as a replacement? Original kubota battery just too high dollar for me :(

/ 9 years from my original Battery #2  
My original battery (made by Yuasa) also lasted about 9 years before I replaced it this past winter. It may have made it to 10 years but I didn't feel like taking the chance. The only replacement that I could find locally that fit was a size 51R and is the Interstate brand. I have no idea how good it is.

/ 9 years from my original Battery #3  
I find it sad, bordering on criminal, that a battery in a new tractor / vehicle will last close to 10 years but you're lucky to get half that with a replacement. Paying extra for premium or OEM batteries helps but you still don't get the lifespan of the one that came with the new machine.

/ 9 years from my original Battery #4  
I find it sad, bordering on criminal, that a battery in a new tractor / vehicle will last close to 10 years but you're lucky to get half that with a replacement. Paying extra for premium or OEM batteries helps but you still don't get the lifespan of the one that came with the new machine.

I agree with you 100%. My original battery 13+ and still going. I had a Optima in my UTV that went 9 years too..

/ 9 years from my original Battery #5  
i my 2005 bx 1830 same battery and put tester on and still good

/ 9 years from my original Battery
so why is that the original batteries last so long compared to any normal brand replacements you can buy? I havent really looked yet but this original battery has a bunch of japanese writing on it, cant read it just briefly looking at it :confused3: maybe theres some english on it somewhere but doesnt look like it just glancing at it.

/ 9 years from my original Battery #7  
I bought a 2003 MF1455v last summer. The seller was proud that it still had the original (Yuasa) battery... I thought about replacing it, but instead I put my last solargizer panel on it to see if it would recover it and keep it going. Today, it's back to normal.

I think one of the reasons tractor batts do so well is that there's just not much electrical draw in a tractor vs. a car or truck. And not much chance to leave on a dome light, or headlights, and run down the battery. Batteries REALLY don't like being run down, and they especially don't like sitting low for a time. Even if you never have to say "oops, I left something on", most modern vehicles have low levels of parasitic drain all the time. This drain probably does small amounts of damage that accumulate over time to destroy our batteries faster.

As for replacement batteries, since Walmart stopped carrying the good yellow top Everstart Maxx batteries, I've been buying batteries from Oreillys. Their batteries are labelled "Super Start", but are actually made by Deka in PA. My oldest Deka batteries are in my truck and truck camper, at about 6 years old. They show no signs of dying anytime soon, but the camper has a solar panel on it, and the truck has a solargizer, and both live outside in the sun.

/ 9 years from my original Battery #9  
They don't necessarily last longer... the original battery in my 1998 L4200 lasted until 2002, 4 years...
Replaced it with a WalMart battery in 2002 and that battery is still in it working great 15 years later. So it is like everything else, if you buy the cheapest replacement parts you "May" get reasonable service from it... if you pay attention to what is important in any particular product you stand a better chance of actually buying something worth owning.
Automobile tires are similar in that they all Look to be round and black... if that is as far as you research your purchase you may be surprised at how easy it is to buy junk tires.
You do have to be slightly smarter than the item you are looking for...
Any Lead Acid battery with reasonable care will last 3 years. KennyV

/ 9 years from my original Battery
They don't necessarily last longer... the original battery in my 1998 L4200 lasted until 2002, 4 years...
Replaced it with a WalMart battery in 2002 and that battery is still in it working great 15 years later. So it is like everything else, if you buy the cheapest replacement parts you "May" get reasonable service from it... if you pay attention to what is important in any particular product you stand a better chance of actually buying something worth owning.
Automobile tires are similar in that they all Look to be round and black... if that is as far as you research your purchase you may be surprised at how easy it is to buy junk tires.
You do have to be slightly smarter than the item you are looking for...
Any Lead Acid battery with reasonable care will last 3 years. KennyV
just reading these posts and talking with other kubota owners their original batteries are outlasting the replacements 3 to 4 times. Further research since Ive posted seem they are much heavier indicating more lead in them.

You get what you pay for is true is some instances but not others.