BX2230 my first service

/ BX2230 my first service #1  

Lrobby99

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
Hi All:

I am new here, looks like a good forum.

I am taking over the maintenance of a BX2230 from the owner/brother inlaw who has cancer and can't do it himself anymore.
He's an experienced mechanic, I am a shade tree type.

I have the tractor and deck manuals, and have watched Youtube videos from a BX owner named Bullett. I should have that deck off in 60 seconds or less.
The deck is actually pretty new. I think the tractor is about 6-7 years.

What I'm preparing to do is a Spring maintenance.
Engine oil & filter
Air filter
Grease everything with a zerk
Check blades

And fuel filter for which I was given two new inline filters.
Stupid Question One: It does take just one filter, right?
Do I need to worry about putting air in the fuel line during the R&R? I mean the new filter is empty. It that okay to install the way it is?

Soon, I will also be tackling hydraulic and transmission oils, coolant.

Thanks in advance.

/ BX2230 my first service #2  
Welcome-
Sorry about your BIL.
No need to worry about air in the filter(s) Yeah, 2 filters, one under the hood, one under the motor/floor right after the fuel pump.
Good luck, should be piece of cake with your skills. *Tip* crimp the line coming from the tank to avoid diesel arm bath.

/ BX2230 my first service #3  
Get yourself a fuel line clamp (locking plastic forceps) to close off that fuel line

/ BX2230 my first service #4  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Robby. We are glad that you decided to join with us here.

Sorry about your BIL but congrats on the, new to you, tractor. You should have no problems with your maintenance if you just take it one step at a time and 'when in doubt, check it out' first.

Are you located in WI or IN?

/ BX2230 my first service
Thanks everyone.
I'm from Greendale, WI a tiny Milwaukee suburb. I mow mine with a Honda.
The tractor is out on family land near Watertown. Takes about 3+ hours to mow all the areas involved.
You would like my BIL. Friend to all and long time CAT mechanic. Cancer like his is the worst. He may not have long. And only 61

I forgot to mention I"m told the glow plugs aren't working. I did have this thing running and mowing a week ago. Just by chance, it was sitting in sunlight a couple hours with the hood raised and it got warm. I didn't even think about the preheat, just turned the key and she caught in a few revs.
Where is the fuse? The manual didn't say. I can trace voltage from there.
thanks!

/ BX2230 my first service #6  
Welcome Lrobby99.
The 2230 comes from either 2004 or 2005, so a bit older than you think.
2 filters, one by the injector pump, one under the floor. There's also a lift fuel pump down there, little silver can with a single wire. That's the clicking you hear during glow plugs. That lift pump will take care of any air that gets in the line.
Oh, you said glow plugs aren't working. Haven't ever had to debug mine.
Do you have a FEL?

/ BX2230 my first service
Welcome Lrobby99.
The 2230 comes from either 2004 or 2005, so a bit older than you think.
2 filters, one by the injector pump, one under the floor. There's also a lift fuel pump down there, little silver can with a single wire. That's the clicking you hear during glow plugs. That lift pump will take care of any air that gets in the line.
Oh, you said glow plugs aren't working. Haven't ever had to debug mine.
Do you have a FEL?

A FEL?
Hmmm....I don't know what that means.

Are both the fuel filters the same? Looks that way, but looks can be deceiving. Just try online dating.
thanks,

/ BX2230 my first service #8  
FEL is Front End Loader. Means a bucket in front. Post a picture of your new little friend and we will let you know.

/ BX2230 my first service #10  
Regarding greasing, I don't know if your tractor has this zerk also to grease. I have one on my BX-25 under the floor mat.
This one needs to be greased every 50 hours.

Attachments

• Kubota BX-25 Pedal Lube EM.JPG
    Kubota BX-25 Pedal Lube EM.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 118