Broken BX hood tab.

/ Broken BX hood tab. #1  

psvines

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2660
Sigh, broken hood tab. I was removing the engine cover today on BX2660 for oil, hydraulic, and radiator fluids. Hopefully great glue will work, then will on to wood jig, zip ties, duct tape.

Attachments

• IMG_1479.JPG
    IMG_1479.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 1,219
   / Broken BX hood tab. #2  
Welcome to the club :( I just put a giant fender washer under the thumbscrew. It was wide enough to land on the remaining plastic. Holding ... so far...

Z.

/ Broken BX hood tab. #5  
Make a temp plate out of card board of the good side, then cut a thin sheet of aluminum the same as your temp plate. Use small pop rivets and pop over what is left leaving room for the thumbscrew. Might want to have the head of pop rivet on the under side in spots.

/ Broken BX hood tab. #6  
Make a temp plate out of card board of the good side, then cut a thin sheet of aluminum the same as your temp plate. Use small pop rivets and pop over what is left leaving room for the thumbscrew. Might want to have the head of pop rivet on the under side in spots.
I'll have to try that at some point, the one on our bx2660 has both sides broken.

Aaron Z

/ Broken BX hood tab. #7  
Yes, mine has been done that way on one side for over two years maybe longer. I only done one side and should do the other before it brakes.

/ Broken BX hood tab. #8  
Both of the tabs are now broken on my bx 2360. I'm using large washers with some rubber backing to keep the grill in place.

/ Broken BX hood tab. #9  
I had a broken tab on one side, tried the larger washer, etc. but the hood kept shifting forward from vibration and would stick out up to an inch. I drilled a quarter inch hole into the remaining base of the tab as well as into the metal frame below, and used a blind nut (elongated rubber cylinder, same diameter as the hole, with a nut at the bottom that expands when tightened) and used a 3/16 bolt. Has held fine for the past 2 years.