Added a Suspension Seat to my BX

/ Added a Suspension Seat to my BX #1  

walker450

Platinum Member
Tractor
M5040, BX25D, F2880, ZD1211, GR2120
I have a Kubota BX-25D and have never been happy with the ride. I also use it to mow 3 acres.

Bought this: Amazon.com: Maxpower 1253� Seat Suspension Only for Riding Mowers and Tractors: Patio, Lawn & Garden

This is the same suspension option on the Kubota Kommander ZTR mowers. See if your local dealer has one that you can look at. My dealer wanted $240 for the suspension kit and I found you can order it on Amazon for around $150 shipped. It is used on many brands.

Removed all existing seat hardware, built a prototype bracket from plywood, welded up a new bracket from scrap metal laying around, installed suspension kit, installed seat on top.

I had to drill two new holes in the suspension kit for my BX Seat to fit. I also had to remove the brackets on the front of the seat and drill holes through the plastic bottom cover.

Pictures: http://s227.photobucket.com/user/walker04rr/library/BX25D/Suspension%20Seat?sort=3&page=1

To do: Build bracket for safety switch, build bracket for seat belt. Paint.

Downsides: Seat no longer rotates for backhoe use, I'll figure out an alternative the next time I hook up the backhoe. I can no longer adjust seat back and forth but you could add the rails if you want, I just didn't want to take the time. Im basically the only one that uses this machine so I mounted the seat as far back as it would go and not hit.

Last edited:
   / Added a Suspension Seat to my BX #2  
   / Added a Suspension Seat to my BX #3  
How much do these seats raise you up? Been looking at something myself. Thinking the maxpower for a zrt. Think you would be happy with that one on yours.? I know the Michigan is a better seat but looking at cost.

/ Added a Suspension Seat to my BX
2-3" I believe.

All pictures here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/379650-added-suspension-seat-my-bx.html#post4768863

CC962FA4-7523-4514-82A7-7F1F782755FF_zpsdmdeu75j.jpg

E8C38CBA-B3AA-4A47-AA23-390B88961684_zpsxvpu3mgl.jpg

FA04D759-0445-4417-AF9C-03B1725B527A_zpstntl8i0p.jpg

/ Added a Suspension Seat to my BX #6  
Looks great. How does it feel now?

/ Added a Suspension Seat to my BX #7  
I've seen these for 139.00 shipping included somewhere. Going to try one soon .

Feels much better than factory. I have only bottomed it out real hard twice now, where it used to be a regular occurrence. Much easier on the back.

You do have to really fine-tune the adjustment to get the best ride. It also depends on what you are doing I noticed. For some work, a firmer setting is better. I.e, mowing vs. loader/box blade work.

UPDATE: I added some rubber isolators that really help a lot. I have also painted the frame. I still haven't built a bracket for the safety switch though...

IMG_5018.JPG

IMG_5020.JPG

seat isolator.jpg

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5022.JPG

IMG_5023.JPG

IMG_5024.JPG

IMG_5025.JPG