New 7610 - first time out

/ New 7610 - first time out #1  

Yankee

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B7610
All - got to tell you, everything I hoped for in this tractor is looking good. I was targeting mowing two acres in less than an hour and a half. No problem whatsoever (60" RFM). I also find that except in rougher areas, mowing in high (not at full speed, however) works just fine. As for those rougher areas, glad I got the 7610 rather than the BX or 2230, though (bigger tires). I'm also glad I got the RFM instead of a MMM. With the various areas I had to back in, I never could have mowed it all with a MMM. Fast, too, with a hydro.

Spent some time with the box blade on the driveway (250' gravel). Fussy, but I think I can learn to use it. Next up, extending the driveway at the back of the house (rear load garage) and creating some shrubbery beds.

Also spent some time taking off and putting on the loader. One pin is really tight. The tractor really wants as level a spot as possible to take it off and put it on.

Also learned a new word - "GREASE." Man, you can get greasier messing with a tractor than about anything else. Lessons: get leather gloves, keep a rag handy, and wear work pants.

This thing is a blast.

Bill

/ New 7610 - first time out #2  
The tractor needs to be on a level hard surface to remove.install the FEL. Also, your loader frame might be installed slight out of alignment. If so, on a hard--LEVEL--surface loosen the frame mounting bolts and then straighten it and then retorque them. J

/ New 7610 - first time out #3  
I keep a box of latex gloves in the shed (700 count I think). I have a 5 gallon pail that I toss them in when I'm done. 3 cents a pair (checper than the soap and water I would use trying to get the grease off.

/ New 7610 - first time out
I'll take the FEL off in the garage next time to get it on a hard flat surface. If the frame is misaligned, though, I'll have the dealer come out and correct it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bill

/ New 7610 - first time out #5  
Congratulation on the B7610. It seems there are more and more of us around. I have 19 hours on mine as of yesterday afternoon when I put it up using the lights. I am sure that you will find it useful for all of the "work" And I have come to the same conclusion about the grease. Grease and dirt and tractors must go together.

Donald B.

/ New 7610 - first time out #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Congratulation on the B7610. It seems there are more and more of us around. I have 19 hours on mine as of yesterday afternoon when I put it up using the lights. I am sure that you will find it useful for all of the "work" And I have come to the same conclusion about the grease. Grease and dirt and tractors must go together.

Donald B. )</font>

Congrats on your new 7610 - just a great machine, IMHO!

Nice tip on the disposable gloves - my leather work gloves been looking a bit nasty - hmmm /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw - anyone got a good "rule of thumb" as far as *how much* (ie # of pumps) to use with the grease gun?

I have been probably giving each spot @ 2 pumps - but I always make sure that I see fresh grease getting squeezed out - want to flush out any contaminants.

Any thoughts?

Enjoy that 7610!

Dan

/ New 7610 - first time out #7  
Dan, The rule of thumb for greasing anything is generally you want to give it just enough as so you see some of the old grease starting to come out of the fitting. Any more and it will attract dirt and could cause early failure of the seals. (slight chance) It is also good to invest in some of those cheap little acid brushes you use for soldering flux to clean the old grease off and out of the fitting area, and be sure to wipe the zerk fitting off before you grease the fitting and after greasing. I learned this in the Air Force while working on B52's and KC 135's. Good luck. John

/ New 7610 - first time out #8  
luvbug -

Thanx for the greasing tips! I figured it made sense to "see grease getting pushed out " when pumping grease - but I'll make sure that I clean off the grease fittings from now on.

I guess I'll put together a little "greasing tool kit" to keep all my supplies / wipes handy.

Dan

(Btw - I didn't they were called "Zerk" fittings - learn something new every day! Thx! D)