Thinking of changing R4 over to R1

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #1  

Kubota 2007

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4740,B3030,ZD326, RTV 900,L4200 1120RTV
I Have a L4740 with 170hrs , ordered it with R4's and I'm not happy. I'm think of selling them, fronts are Titan 10-16.5 6ply w/rims, rears Titan 17.5L-24 6 ply w/ rims (no center disk) All look as if new, rears are loaded with W/S. I'm thinking I should get $1500.00 for everything, does that sound fair? I priced new rims and R1 tires and I'm over $2,000.00 and still have to load them.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #2  
I want to do same on my l5030, but never did.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #3  
You will like the traction mostly damp areas,just have to be tad careful when making tight turns R1's will loosen soft ground even more.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #4  
I have no idea what you will get for you R4s, but I do know you will like the extra traction with R1s.

R4s have their place, particularly on industrial equipment. For my use in a rural agricultural and woodlot setting, R4s only have the traction of worn down R1s. Although tire chains on the R4s make a huge difference.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #5  
Biggest mistake I ever made was getting R 4 's on mine when I bought it. If the cost was not so much I would go with R 1's in a heartbeat

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #6  
I Have a L4740 with 170hrs , ordered it with R4's and I'm not happy. I'm think of selling them, fronts are Titan 10-16.5 6ply w/rims, rears Titan 17.5L-24 6 ply w/ rims (no center disk) All look as if new, rears are loaded with W/S. I'm thinking I should get $1500.00 for everything, does that sound fair? I priced new rims and R1 tires and I'm over $2,000.00 and still have to load them.

Have you priced just the tires with transferring fluid and keep your existing rims? It might be easier to sell R-4s without rims because the buyer wouldn't have to buy rims.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #7  
Have you priced just the tires with transferring fluid and keep your existing rims? It might be easier to sell R-4s without rims because the buyer wouldn't have to buy rims.
I think R4's require a different rim.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1

R-4's vs R1's do have a different rim, front and rear.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #9  
I would definitely think hard about buying R4s again. They work, but not great and the turf tear-up isn't that much better with them vs. the R1s.

/ Thinking of changing R4 over to R1 #10  
Do you have a FEL on the tractor?