Largest finishing mower on l3560?

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #1  

Steamynachos

Tractor
L3560
Hey guys I have l3560 that I love but want to get a pto finishing mower for it there is a guy nearby that has a used landpride 90" for a ok price would my tractor handle such a large beast it's a rear pto he used a 45hp at pto John Deere mine's rated at 28hp it is a landpride at3590 I'm mostly mowing manicured lawn and 2 acres of clover

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #2  
I'm going to vote no unless you try it out first. Finish mowers take alot of hp to run well. you may be able to crawl along and use it with the hst though.

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #3  
You can get the original manuals here... Manuals Search | Land Pride

Page 8 (printed page #) states that the tractor HP must be between 25 and 60 HP. With a 37 HP tractor and 29 at the PTO, you'd probably be fine as long as you're not cutting tall wet grass. I have a 30 HP tractor with 24 @ the PTO and run a 72" RFM without any issues.

Agmate Rear Mower.jpg

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #4  
A 90" might work OK.
I run an 84" rear discharge finish mower behind my 34 HP (28.3 HP at the PTO) just fine

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #5  
It's all relative.

Tractor is large enough to handle the size and weight. So good there.

Power wise....how fast do you expect to go? If a gear tractor you are limited, but HST can go infinity slow. Running a 90" mower at 4 mph takes no more hp than a. 60" mower at 6 mph. Bot are capable of mowing T the same rate of acres per hour. But the one that allows you to go slower, makes for a smoother ride for both you and equipment.

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #6  
I was running my woods 990 with a L3130 before my L4240. It did just fine and I mowed 20A at 5mph.

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #7  
I have a 7' old Ford 917 flail. Ran fine behind my old L3200 & new L4060. I'd actually like an 8' on the new machine... Maybe.

Manuverability & gate clearance will be an issue if I go bigger, but would cover fields faster. HP wise my 40hp engine becomes a limiting factor a decent bit, but not all the time. It's easy to adjust travel speed slower as needed with the HST to keep the engine tapped out at max power.

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560?
I ended up finding a 84" for the same price so went that route as i was scared that maybe 90 was pushing the limits of the machine the dealer said even this 84 will tax the machine but should handle it if i move slow enough.

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #9  
I ended up finding a 84" for the same price so went that route as i was scared that maybe 90 was pushing the limits of the machine the dealer said even this 84 will tax the machine but should handle it if i move slow enough.

You should be fine with the 84" on your machine...unless you're trying to cut 12" high grass.

/ Largest finishing mower on l3560? #10  
Your machine will handle an 84" just fine as long as you don't let the lawn get out of control deep before mowing.