Most useful and or necessary Mods for my BX2230

/ Most useful and or necessary Mods for my BX2230 #11  
x2 to everyone's comments. nothing really to add.

might suggest the following.
google
EnterWhatEver site:tractorbynet.com
then click up on images

the "site:" portion will only return results from this website "tractorbynet.com", and clicking up on images, should give you best results in seeing some different type of mods folks have done.

=========
a word on "tool boxes" ammo boxes are excellent. it is the "latch" that is important. all other plastic to metal tool boxes are junk and will quickly break apart and fall open. primary reason for all other tool boxes are tractors have no suspension so all the vibration and bumps goes directly to hinges and locks on regular tool boxes. an ammo box with the larger locking mechanism on them. keeps them shut.

=========
get yourself a grill guard for the front, before you ram a stick up into costly radiator / oil cooler up in front. when ya go rotary cutting (lamen term bush hogging)

=========
go all over all your nuts/bolts on tractor with a torque wrench to make sure nothing has came loose.

re-find all the grease zerks and hit them with grease.

/ Most useful and or necessary Mods for my BX2230 #12  
You probably do not have a bad front axle seal. That seems like an oil level that is neglected by a large % of users. (2 of the last 3 I bought used , 1 for myself and 2 for other people) had low lube in the front axle and none were leaking. You probably have oil down in there but not as much as should be.

Given your description of loader work I think you'll be fine and rarely see a need for added rear weight. I guess I'd recommend liquid in the rear tires which won't trake up space or be a nuisance & be good during snow removal.

I just pulled my LA211 loader off last week because the machine seems so much more maneuverable and "free" for mowing without the loader. It's a little messy but very quick and easy to pull it off. Yes, ease of mowing is the result. People (including me once or twice) do a lot of accidental damage to siding, downspouts, shrubs, fence, etc. trying to mow lawns with a FEL on the tractor. I only leave the loader on if I have known work for it coming up soon.

By the way, to nit pic boggen a little, he said: " get yourself a grill guard for the front, before you ram a stick up into costly radiator / oil cooler up in front..." It is good to have the grille guard to protect the sheet metal and headlights but you do not have a radiator or oil cooler up front. Your radiator is behind the engine in front of the steering wheel.

/ Most useful and or necessary Mods for my BX2230
x2 to everyone's comments. nothing really to add.

might suggest the following.
google
EnterWhatEver site:tractorbynet.com
then click up on images

the "site:" portion will only return results from this website "tractorbynet.com", and clicking up on images, should give you best results in seeing some different type of mods folks have done.

=========
a word on "tool boxes" ammo boxes are excellent. it is the "latch" that is important. all other plastic to metal tool boxes are junk and will quickly break apart and fall open. primary reason for all other tool boxes are tractors have no suspension so all the vibration and bumps goes directly to hinges and locks on regular tool boxes. an ammo box with the larger locking mechanism on them. keeps them shut.

=========
get yourself a grill guard for the front, before you ram a stick up into costly radiator / oil cooler up in front. when ya go rotary cutting (lamen term bush hogging)

=========
go all over all your nuts/bolts on tractor with a torque wrench to make sure nothing has came loose.

re-find all the grease zerks and hit them with grease.
Thanks for tips, been looking for a grill guard, do you have a source?

/ Most useful and or necessary Mods for my BX2230
You probably do not have a bad front axle seal. That seems like an oil level that is neglected by a large % of users. (2 of the last 3 I bought used , 1 for myself and 2 for other people) had low lube in the front axle and none were leaking. You probably have oil down in there but not as much as should be.

Given your description of loader work I think you'll be fine and rarely see a need for added rear weight. I guess I'd recommend liquid in the rear tires which won't trake up space or be a nuisance & be good during snow removal.

I just pulled my LA211 loader off last week because the machine seems so much more maneuverable and "free" for mowing without the loader. It's a little messy but very quick and easy to pull it off. Yes, ease of mowing is the result. People (including me once or twice) do a lot of accidental damage to siding, downspouts, shrubs, fence, etc. trying to mow lawns with a FEL on the tractor. I only leave the loader on if I have known work for it coming up soon.

By the way, to nit pic boggen a little, he said: " get yourself a grill guard for the front, before you ram a stick up into costly radiator / oil cooler up in front..." It is good to have the grille guard to protect the sheet metal and headlights but you do not have a radiator or oil cooler up front. Your radiator is behind the engine in front of the steering wheel.
Thanks very much. The rear tires are loaded, hopefully within tubes. Had a New Holland years ago and the dealer loaded the rear tires without using tubes and the rims rusted out!