B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide?

/ B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #1  

rrasi

Tractor
still in shopping mode
hey guys! i just got a new b2601. i would like to make her a little more stable.
id like to make here 4-5 inches wider... is that too wide?
what model number and where should i get these?

-thanks

/ B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #2  
Bro Tec in Canada is the premier supplier. Very high quality material and workmanship.

Three inches wider on each rear wheel will cost about $300 in Bro Tek parts, plus local installation.

Do not fill tires AND add wheel weights with spacers. One or the other, not both.

LINK: Bro-Tek

Last edited:
   / B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #3  
Bro Tec in Canada is the premier supplier. Very high quality material and workmanship.

Three inches wider on each rear wheel will cost about $300 in Bro Tek parts, plus local installation.

Do not fill tires AND add wheel weights with spacers. One or the other, not both.

Not arguing, just wondering why, I've done this on both my BXs?

/ B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide?

THANKS!
$300 for spacers seems a little high when you think about it. Surely someone else makes them at a better value. Hoping someone else found them a little cheaper.

Also not exactly how wide i want to make this machine. My goal is to make it more stable when going sideways on my hill. I'm thinking 2.5 per side would be nice but i hope it won't be too wide.

/ B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #5  
THANKS!
$300 for spacers seems a little high when you think about it. Surely someone else makes them at a better value. Hoping someone else found them a little cheaper.

Also not exactly how wide i want to make this machine. My goal is to make it more stable when going sideways on my hill. I'm thinking 2.5 per side would be nice but i hope it won't be too wide.

Hopefully you will be able to overcome the urge to go cheap on the wheel spacers. Bro-Tek makes the very best - more like a piece of jewelry. And they come with everything you need to install them.

But, if you just want 'cheap', check eBay. There's a pile of them on there, and they're probably almost worth what you pay for them - if you're lucky.

On the other question, I don't think 3" is too wide. The B2601 is pretty stable machine already, compared to the "L series", but the 3" should be a joy to drive with 3" extra on each side. We'll of course, need pictures after you've installed them, be it 2.5" or 3".

/ B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #6  
I bought Kubota spacers from the dealer--added 1.5" to each side. I needed the space to allow for tire chains.

Attachments

• Kubota B3030 Spacers #1.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Spacers #1.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 1,132
  • Kubota B3030 Spacers #2.jpg
    Kubota B3030 Spacers #2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Good Post
Reactions: 737
   / B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #7  
THANKS!

Don't forget - the prices you see are $CDN so you'll spend 25% - 30% less with US currency, assuming you are in the USA.

/ B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #8  
I have a bit different perspective: 1) I have no idea why you would not use both wheel spacers and filled rear tires. Whatever that is needs explanation to be credible. 2) Kubota has never recognized the portion of their user base that sometimes needs to operate on steep ground. Therefore they have never made their tractors with enough available rear wheel spacing. Just look at Deere, New Holland and Massey for contrasts. 3) I use Bora brand spacers, 6" each side, on my B2150. They are very well made, exact fit. The co. is very knowledgeable fo the idiosyncrasies of Kubota. They made the difference between a machine being skitish to unusable on a 40% slope to one that is very comfortable and safe doing so. They cost me $520 for the set of 2 spacers & I have never regretted the investment. 4) In shopping for the Bora spacers I also looked at Bro-Tek and Hansen. I think all of them are good. Some design use welded steel, amounting to 2 round plates with tubes in between. Others including my Boras are solid aluminum billets that are machined to fit the task.

Mine are 6" per side which is about as much as you can get. They are NOT compatible with the mid-mount mower by the way !

Here is a set of steel ones on an L3400.

View attachment 512101

These are my Bora's on the B2150.

View attachment 512102

20160825_135941.jpg

Last edited:
   / B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #9  
$300 for spacers seems high when you think about it. Surely someone makes them at a better value. Hoping someone else found them a little cheaper.

Wheel spacers are intermittently under tremendous stress, particularly on hills. That is why it is OK to fill tires OR add wheel weights, but not both, WHEN MAIN USE WILL BE ON SLOPES.
'
If a wheel comes off on a slope the tractor is going to roll over and either mangle or kill you. SPEND THE MONEY FOR BRO-TEK'S EXPERTISE in this specialty application.

Purchase as wide as you can. Bro Tec's spacers support standard axles of designated tractors 100%.

Another option is to install Turf tires, which are generally at least 16" wide. Requires new rims as well as new tires.

You would be better off had you purchased an L2501, rather than the B2601.

Last edited:
   / B2601 Wheel spacers... where do i get them? what model number? also how wide? #10  
I have a homemade set of wheel spacers to put duals on a subcompact tractor. Worked great, took them off, sold the tractor, still have them. Now I am considering buying the tractor back, lol. (Unless this current tractor purchase bankrupts me, lol.
Not a hard project for a machine shop if you know any machinists.
David from jax