Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    Super Star Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,649
    Location
    Northern Fingerlakes region of NY, USA
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
    Put it in Float, although I'm not sure how that will work with that hydraulic manifold thingy disconnected.
    Putting it in float will do nothing once you disconnect the hydraulic manifold. I just suggested moving the levers to get the pressure out of the lines so it will stop leaking and perhaps he can muscle it around and get loader off the tractor.

    Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

  2. #52
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    135
    Location
    NY
    Tractor
    '16 Kubota BX1870

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Any updates???? I know I had a heckuva time hooking the loader back up to my BX1870 after mowing earlier this year.I almost messed up,but after about 45 minutes I got it hooked up. I haven't removed it since.....
    ]'07 Kubota GR 2100 SOLD!!mad:...

  3. #53
    Platinum Member JWR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    893
    Location
    So MD / WV
    Tractor
    MF 2660 LP, Kubota B2150, Kubota BX2200, MH Pacer, Gravely 5660, etc.

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    For gawd sake stop screwing with it ! On such a new machine have the dealer get it squared away AND show you how to get it on and off correctly. My guess is there is not much damage beyond cosmetic scrapes, etc. -- that is if you stop now before you create worse problems. For one thing, I know we all hate to ever do this, but it is far cheaper to hire someone to do the one mowing for you than to fix all you can break by continued attempts at moving the loader.
    jwr
    ------------------------------------------------------
    MF2660 LowProfile, 7', 5' and 4' BushHogs, Orsi Articulated boom hydraulic rotary cutter, Landpride 6' finish mower, Kubota BX2200, Two Kubota B2150's, 5' snowblower, 6' blade, scraper box, Gravely 1983 w/sulky, mower & snow blower, misc. attachments. Pequea 1018 deckover trailer, half interest in Massey Harris Pacer family heirloom... and a lot of junk...

  4. #54
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    As a 6+year BX1860 owner (and I realize that the newer BX's have easy-on/easy-off FELs), one thing I have learned is NEVER move the FEL joystick up and down (raising or lowering the boom) when unmounting or remounting the FEL. ONLY use bucket curl (left and right joystick movement) to take the FEL off or put it back on. Once you use the raise/lower modes of the FEL control you are changing the basic geometry of how the engineers intended it should all work.

    So, place the bucket down flat/level on the ground in a "neutral lift" position (that is, the bucket weight is off the tractor, and the FEL is not trying to pick the front of the tractor up), increase RPM's a bit, curl the bucket forward which unloads the FEL mounting pins, pull the pins out and drop them in their store holes, and then curl the bucket back. The FEL arms will disengage their mounts, and move both higher *and* forward of the tractor slightly. Now *slowly* and *carefully* reverse the tractor (in low range), moving backwards away from the FEL about 4". DO NOT GO ANY FARTHER OR ANY FASTER, or you can end up trying to drag the FEL by the hydraulic hoses -- which is not good any way you look at it. Now shut the engine off (see note 1 below), and disconnect the hydraulic quick-connects. With the tractor backed away just 4" or so from the FEL it's a lot easier to get to all of the QC's.

    A few more hints...

    1) After mechanically dismounting the FEL, but before disconnecting the hydraulic hoses, turn the engine off, and then move the joystick "circularly" (hitting all modes of the spool valves) a few times. This will release residual hydraulic pressure in the various cylinders of the FEL, which will make disconnecting and later reconnecting of the hydraulic hoses much, much easier. Once the pressure is off all of the cylinders (you will note that the FEL stops "settling" when this process is complete), lock the joystick in place using the little locking lever under the joystick pivot point. This will keep the pressure off the quick disconnects on the tractor if you inadvertently hit the joystick.

    2) It of course helps immensely to have the tractor and FEL on level terms when mounting/dismounting -- e.g., a garage floor slab is optimum. So, don't take the FEL off on a hillside, you will have tons of trouble remounting it. Don't take the FEL off in 3" of mud, you will have tons of trouble remounting it.

    3) The hose-end hydraulic couplers on the FEL may drip a little bit, especially as the temperature changes in the FEL storage location. I put the bundle of disconnected hydraulic hose couplers in a large ziploc bag along with a wad of industrial paper towels. After six months and a dozen or so connects/disconnects the towels are a bit gross and I start fresh again.

    4) In certain circumstances, especially after a failed FEL mounting attempt, you may notice that one of the FEL mounting arms is positioned more forward than the other. This makes mounting the FEL impossible. DO NOT PANIC. These mounting arms are on the same hydraulic circuit, so simply get off the tractor and push/pull the arms back into place. However much forward one arm is moved, the other other will move backward the same amount, so you won't have far to move one to get them back in rough alignment.

    5) Again, older BX models: don't forget to put the FEL kickstand down.

    ps
    On level ground I can get the FEL off OR on in about 3 minutes including hydraulic hookups.

    wrooster

  5. #55
    Super Member dragoneggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    7,158
    Location
    Seabeck, Washington
    Tractor
    Kubota BX-25D, Z122RKW-42, and JD circa 1990 Lawn Tractor

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by wrooster View Post
    As a 6+year BX1860 owner (and I realize that the newer BX's have easy-on/easy-off FELs), one thing I have learned is NEVER move the FEL joystick up and down (raising or lowering the boom) when unmounting or remounting the FEL. ONLY use bucket curl (left and right joystick movement) to take the FEL off or put it back on. Once you use the raise/lower modes of the FEL control you are changing the basic geometry of how the engineers intended it should all work.

    So, place the bucket down flat/level on the ground in a "neutral lift" position (that is, the bucket weight is off the tractor, and the FEL is not trying to pick the front of the tractor up), increase RPM's a bit, curl the bucket forward which unloads the FEL mounting pins, pull the pins out and drop them in their store holes, and then curl the bucket back. The FEL arms will disengage their mounts, and move both higher *and* forward of the tractor slightly. Now *slowly* and *carefully* reverse the tractor (in low range), moving backwards away from the FEL about 4". DO NOT GO ANY FARTHER OR ANY FASTER, or you can end up trying to drag the FEL by the hydraulic hoses -- which is not good any way you look at it. Now shut the engine off (see note 1 below), and disconnect the hydraulic quick-connects. With the tractor backed away just 4" or so from the FEL it's a lot easier to get to all of the QC's.

    A few more hints...

    1) After mechanically dismounting the FEL, but before disconnecting the hydraulic hoses, turn the engine off, and then move the joystick "circularly" (hitting all modes of the spool valves) a few times. This will release residual hydraulic pressure in the various cylinders of the FEL, which will make disconnecting and later reconnecting of the hydraulic hoses much, much easier. Once the pressure is off all of the cylinders (you will note that the FEL stops "settling" when this process is complete), lock the joystick in place using the little locking lever under the joystick pivot point. This will keep the pressure off the quick disconnects on the tractor if you inadvertently hit the joystick.

    2) It of course helps immensely to have the tractor and FEL on level terms when mounting/dismounting -- e.g., a garage floor slab is optimum. So, don't take the FEL off on a hillside, you will have tons of trouble remounting it. Don't take the FEL off in 3" of mud, you will have tons of trouble remounting it.

    3) The hose-end hydraulic couplers on the FEL may drip a little bit, especially as the temperature changes in the FEL storage location. I put the bundle of disconnected hydraulic hose couplers in a large ziploc bag along with a wad of industrial paper towels. After six months and a dozen or so connects/disconnects the towels are a bit gross and I start fresh again.

    4) In certain circumstances, especially after a failed FEL mounting attempt, you may notice that one of the FEL mounting arms is positioned more forward than the other. This makes mounting the FEL impossible. DO NOT PANIC. These mounting arms are on the same hydraulic circuit, so simply get off the tractor and push/pull the arms back into place. However much forward one arm is moved, the other other will move backward the same amount, so you won't have far to move one to get them back in rough alignment.

    5) Again, older BX models: don't forget to put the FEL kickstand down.

    ps
    On level ground I can get the FEL off OR on in about 3 minutes including hydraulic hookups.

    wrooster
    Thanks for sharing, wrooster!

  6. #56
    Silver Member Ryansweatt2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    192
    Location
    West gardiner maine
    Tractor
    2015 kubota L3901

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyiron View Post
    Couldn't 2 neighbors and the OP just pick that loader up (off the grill guard) and twist it around straight? It can't be more than 300-400 pounds.
    That's what I would try and do.
    2017 kubota L3901 Hst, LA525 SSQA loader, BH77 backhoe, landpride 3rd function, landpride SCG0660 grapple, landpride RB3784 rear blade, Landpride LR3784 landscape rake with gauge wheels, landpride RTA2562 rototiller, landpride BB1566 box blade, Titian 42 inch SSQA pallet forks, woods 66HD round back SSQA bucket with bolt on cutting edge.

  7. #57
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    270
    Location
    Northeastern Pennsylvania
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HST Formerly B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Loader install / removal issues aren't limited to just the B series tractors. Problems can occur with L and M's as well. I've had FEL's on all my Kubotas and have learned over the years to just leave them installed. I have very little reason to remove them anyway and just take the QA bucket off when mowing. It is necessary evil though for those with front mount attachments like a dozer blade or snow thrower.

  8. #58
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,404
    Location
    Piedmont, NC
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by bdhsfz6 View Post
    Loader install / removal issues aren't limited to just the B series tractors. Problems can occur with L and M's as well. I've had FEL's on all my Kubotas and have learned over the years to just leave them installed. I have very little reason to remove them anyway and just take the QA bucket off when mowing. It is necessary evil though for those with front mount attachments like a dozer blade or snow thrower.
    The FEL's have been going on and off my two tractors literally hundreds of times over the last 15 years without any glitches. Parking the tractor and FEL on a flat, level surface helps a lot.

  9. #59
    Platinum Member airbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    852
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Tractor
    New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21DA, Farmall H *** Previously - 1941 John Deere B, Shibaura 1500, John Deere 850, Bobcat 642, New Holland 1925

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    mummer43,

    How about an update about your situation? We haven't heard from you since June 24th. Are you back in business?

  10. #60
    Silver Member 4get gto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    222
    Location
    N.E. Pa.
    Tractor
    Yanmar 147D with loader,Woods mow,n machine 6210 ,Sears st10,Roper rt 10

    Default Re: Brand new BX2380 Front End Loader Issue/Damage

    Quote Originally Posted by airbiscuit View Post
    mummer43,

    How about an update about your situation? We haven't heard from you since June 24th. Are you back in business?
    I felt so bad for this guy. Probably can't talk about it . I remember reading it and felt my face getting red for him.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2015, 12:34 PM
  2. Loader 4100JD / 410 front end loader raising issue
    By deeganjd in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
  3. NH 7308 Front end loader issue
    By matadoor1 in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2011, 11:03 AM
  4. front end loader/front end of tractor
    By chevyman003 in forum Parts/Repairs
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
  5. Front End Loader - What brand an size?
    By sroane in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 11:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2017 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.