Grading BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #1  

Chappyd

Tractor
Kubota BX25D
Hi All, pretty new to this forum. I have a 2014 BX25 with the backhoe & the FEL. I also have a snow blade and use the tractor mainly for plowing small projects around the house. We just bought the lot next to ours- it's about 2-3 acres, and I had them level the area with some heavy equipment as part of the deal. It still needs to be worked to level it more so I will be able to mow it. Nothing fancy, just want to keep the invasive stuff at bay. As it sits now there is a lot of rocks, and pieces of wood that need to go. Most of it is fairly small, 2-3" in diameter with the rocks up to 6-8 " diameter. I built a drag leveler to try to clean it up but this stuff is too much for it. It would work fine if the bigger stuff wasn't there. So looking here and on the net I think I want to get a landscape rake, maybe the 60" one that Everything attachments make. I also will have to get a 3 pt hitch.

Would really appreciate some input as I am totally green at this kind of stuff. Is the rake the right tool? Which 3 pt hitch to get? I was looking at this one on Ebay....

BX256 Kubota 3pt Hitch for BX Tractor OEM New Cat1 | eBay

Thanks, Dave

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #2  
Why doesn't your BX25 have a 3PH already? Should have came with it.

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #3  
A Ratchet Rake bucket attachment is better at collecting and piling debris than a Landscape Rake by a wide margin.
If you have time, Ratchet Rake will grade satisfactorily. See Photo #4.
RR will save removing the Backhoe to collect debris and grade.

The T-B-N store sells the Ratchet Rake direct. BUTTON at top of this page.

A Lanscape Rake with gauge wheels is more efficient at final grading after all debris is eliminated.

I have both.

ETA makes a very high quality Landscape Rake. The gauge wheels ETA sent me three years ago are satisfactory, but not up to the standard of the rake. You cannot rotate a Landscape Rake 180 degrees without unbolting the two gauge wheels.

MORE FROM T-B-N ARCHIVE:
1) Google
2) Google

You should have received a Three Point Hitch with your BX25.

Attachments

• DSC00451.JPG
    DSC00451.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 215
  • DSC00694.JPG
    DSC00694.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 200
  • IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
   / BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres
Gen Lee, It had the backhoe on it. The hydraulics are there, but not the hitch. It would have been nice to get it with the tractor, but I didn't know enough to ask. I was mainly concerned with clearing snow at the time. I was not impressed with the dealer/sales guy either. I will avoid them in the future.

Jeff thanks for the links. Most all the vegetation is gone. I will try to post a picture later tonight.

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #5  
Yea 3PH should have been included with the package. For instance, I just picked up my new BX23S and the BH was attached. They gave me the assembled 3PH linkage before I left.

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #6  
A Ratchet Rake bucket attachment is better at collecting and piling debris than a Landscape Rake by a wide margin.
If you have time, Ratchet Rake will grade satisfactorily. See Photo #4.
RR will save removing the Backhoe to collect debris and grade.

The T-B-N store sells the Ratchet Rake direct. BUTTON at top of this page.

A Lanscape Rake with gauge wheels is more efficient at final grading after all debris is eliminated.

I have both.

ETA makes a very high quality Landscape Rake. The gauge wheels ETA sent me three years ago are satisfactory, but not up to the standard of the rake. You cannot rotate a Landscape Rake 180 degrees without unbolting the two gauge wheels.

MORE FROM T-B-N ARCHIVE:
1) Google
2) Google

You should have received a Three Point Hitch with your BX25.

Yea 3PH should have been included with the package. For instance, I just picked up my new BX23S and the BH was attached. They gave me the assembled 3PH linkage before I left.

The BX25 did NOT come with the 3ph arms unless bought as an option. Just have to buy the arms if you plan to remove BH and use the 3ph. I did not buy one for my first BX25 but did my second one but never installed it or maybe did on first one and not on second one. I think it cost around $200/$250. I do have a new Kubota OEM thumb for sale for the BX23/24/25/23s for $250.
I owned a Landscape rake at one time and used it some. I also bought a RatchetRake when they first came out and still have one. The RR is one of my most used implements/attachments and it will do the job your describing that needs to be done. I used mine to do my leveling, rock picking and final prep for grass seeding and even cleared some under brush with it. The RR is on and off with no tools in a couple of minutes if your working by yourself. To me the RR is an almost must have implement/attachment.

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #7  

Wow, you got a good deal... i couldn`t get them to include the 3PH with my BX23s. :(

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #8  
One more vote here for the Ratchet Rake it's a great tool for what you described. Then as mentioned by jeff9386 follow up with a landscape rake if needed. I've owned one for several years now and use it on my skid steer mostly but have used it on the FEL of my backhoe tractor.

EK000162.JPG
img_1105 (1).jpg

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres
View attachment 51IMG_20170702_094428618_HDR.jpg

Here is a couple of pictures. Looks better in the pictures than when walking around.

/ BX25 Implements for cleaning up a couple of acres #10  
[/ATTACH]

Here are a couple pictures. Looks better in the pictures than when walking around.

Your pictures do not show much debris.

What is to become of the two piles of dirt in Photo #2?