First Regen Experience

/ First Regen Experience #1  

desh

Tractor
Kubota L4701 HST 4X4
I had my first regeneration today (or the first one I've noticed) at 44 hours on my L4701. It happened as I was idling and getting ready to brush hog. Two lights came on, one stating the regeneration was happening and the other saying to increase RPM. Since I was ready to start, I increased the RPM to PTO speed (2700) and off I went. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, and the light went off about 15 minutes later. No drama, and if the lights had not come on, I would not have known it even happened. No big deal. I just wanted to post this for those worried about the DPF and Tier 4 emissions. Happy tractoring... :)

/ First Regen Experience #2  
Good to hear, but i will NEVER be convinced that all this emission **** is doing any good for anything, except raise the price`s of everything.

/ First Regen Experience #3  
I had my first regeneration today (or the first one I've noticed) at 44 hours on my L4701. It happened as I was idling and getting ready to brush hog. Two lights came on, one stating the regeneration was happening and the other saying to increase RPM. Since I was ready to start, I increased the RPM to PTO speed (2700) and off I went. Nothing out of the ordinary happened, and the light went off about 15 minutes later. No drama, and if the lights had not come on, I would not have known it even happened. No big deal. I just wanted to post this for those worried about the DPF and Tier 4 emissions. Happy tractoring... :)
I have a L3901 with a hair over 50 hours. I start it, let it idle for very short time then increase rpms to about mid point for another very short period and then to PTO RPMs and leave it there till I stop. I don't let it idle and sit running. PTO RPMs all the time or more. If it's regened I never noticed and with tunnel vision I'd probably never seen lights come on. After 20 new Kubotas, how do I feel about it? It's working like all of the other ones and does the jobs I ask it to do. Why do I care how it works at this point in my life? Used to care and had tto know how everything worked but to old for that now.

Good to hear, but i will NEVER be convinced that all this emission **** is doing any good for anything, except raise the price`s of everything.
Stick to your guns and never back down. I heard the same thing about automatic transmissions in cars and color TVs and who needs AC when a good fan and open window will do the same job!!!! :laughing::D:cool2: Got to love you young guys that say you are old like us old guys. Well, some of you act old and thus you are OLD!!:drink:

/ First Regen Experience #4  
I also have a L4701 with 2 regens so far. No issues.

/ First Regen Experience #5  
They are fine when they work like their supposed to.
Its when the check engine light and some type of regen failure light comes on and your forced to take it in to see what's wrong that's the problem.
We have 4 pieces of equipment at work with the regen type system, and all 4 where back at the dealer on the computer to find out what was wrong this year.
That's been my experience with it.

/ First Regen Experience #6  
Say what you want, I was at the service department of my Kubota dealer a few years back, and they were inundated with calls about "panel lights coming on and not going off." My town spent over $100,000 for a new diesel dump truck. When it is cold outside, they can't shut the dang thing off for more than 10 minutes because it won't restart. In my opinion, the new diesel emissions are something to be avoided if possible.

/ First Regen Experience #7  
I was at my car dealers "a few years back" and the service dept guy said he hoped the sales dept would stop selling those vehicle with automatic transmissions!!! He also hated when they stated installing 8 track players in vehicle that had children!!! And automatic transmissions on buses was really bad.:eek: GPS in a car, forget it!!!:thumbdown::shocked: I'll be 70 in a couple of weeks and you old guys just tear me up! :laughing::D:cool2:

/ First Regen Experience #8  
I was at my car dealers "a few years back" and the service dept guy said he hoped the sales dept would stop selling those vehicle with automatic transmissions!!! He also hated when they stated installing 8 track players in vehicle that had children!!! And automatic transmissions on buses was really bad.:eek: GPS in a car, forget it!!!:thumbdown::shocked: I'll be 70 in a couple of weeks and you old guys just tear me up! :laughing::D:cool2:

Wow John, i didn`t think you were still that young...lol

/ First Regen Experience #9  
Thanks for posting. At about 10 hours on my L-47 and freaking out wondering when this thing will happen and if I'm going to do something boneheaded to mess it up.... Owners manual isn't exactly clear, or at least my brain isn't following it too clearly....

/ First Regen Experience #10  

Be honest, if the dealer had two brand new tractors, one with the emissions and one without, which would you choose?