B2601 design flaws

/ B2601 design flaws #1  

Lilguy

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota
Have 6 hours on my B2601, the one thing since new is the frt loader bucket is not parallel to the ground. It about a inch or two higher on the left then the right when off the ground. Lies flat when on the ground, hits the asphalt with a thunk/thunk when lowered. My old L2250 was still parallel after 32 years.
Alot of connecting/pivot points that could add up to this difference. Seems hole drilling and welding jigs are out of square possibly.The Issue this causes is using the bucket as a grader blade, one side is higher and the grade is tilted. Input please, and what additional problems should I be aware of, Thanks.

/ B2601 design flaws #2  
Not a design flaw more like a misaligned bracket or pivot mount.

That is why they come with a warranty.....

Unless you were treating this B like it was your L and overloaded one side of the loader and tweaked something.

With 6 hours.......start by contacting your dealer.

/ B2601 design flaws #3  
There have been several threads on this same subject. Mine was like that when new......about a 3/4 inch difference. Apparently it worked itself out after awhile. It's been so long ago that i forgot the scenario.

/ B2601 design flaws #4  
First, make sure your tire pressure is set right on all four corners. I am amazed how many times this is the culprit (or contributor) when we hear this complaint. Then I might check to make sure the loader is mounted square, since this is a detachable loader and there could be some slop. If none of that helps, park on a flat surface and start making measurements until you determine what is off. Then talk with the dealer. Since the loader is a separate part this ought to be easy to resolve without blaming the tractor itself.

/ B2601 design flaws #5  
Have 6 hours on my B2601, the one thing since new is the frt loader bucket is not parallel to the ground. It about a inch or two higher on the left then the right when off the ground. Lies flat when on the ground, hits the asphalt with a thunk/thunk when lowered. My old L2250 was still parallel after 32 years.
Alot of connecting/pivot points that could add up to this difference. Seems hole drilling and welding jigs are out of square possibly.The Issue this causes is using the bucket as a grader blade, one side is higher and the grade is tilted. Input please, and what additional problems should I be aware of, Thanks.

Something is wrong but a "design flaw" isn't the first, second or third thing that comes to mind here. Tire inflation, how the loader brackets were mounted on the tractor at the dealer, something that got tweaked out of alignment, and probably a few other things are worth checking out. It's probably a simple fix, but at 6 hours, you should get your dealer on the case pronto.

/ B2601 design flaws #6  
Not a design flaw more like a misaligned bracket or pivot mount.

That is why they come with a warranty.....

Unless you were treating this B like it was your L and overloaded one side of the loader and tweaked something.

With 6 hours.......start by contacting your dealer.

I agree with this... could be just a simple fix by just loosening up the loader mounts, re-tighten after alignment.

/ B2601 design flaws #7  
I have pryed out stumps. Grubbed saplings and several other things with bucket on mine and it is straight. I wasn't paying attention and only got one side mounted. It was a pain to get back off, but I didn't tweak anything. If my B2601 can live through me, it can handle most anything.

/ B2601 design flaws #8  
My new 2601 sitting on a perfectly level concrete floor with all tires at the correct air pressure shows the FEL 1/4 " off side to side to the floor.
Which means, it would take 1/8" to correct it.
Should I be concerned with this?

/ B2601 design flaws #9  
I would ask the dealer to loosen and re-tighten the loader bracket mounts on the tractor. There is a bit of play in the mounting holes - necessary for installation - and they must be precisely aligned when the dealer does the loader installation. An easy place to get things slightly out of kilter, but also easy to fix.

/ B2601 design flaws #10  
My new 2601 sitting on a perfectly level concrete floor with all tires at the correct air pressure shows the FEL 1/4 " off side to side to the floor.
Which means, it would take 1/8" to correct it.
Should I be concerned with this?

:confused: I never realized people used utility tractors for such precision work.........
I use mine more like a hammer then a scalpel......
:thumbsup: