BX 23 -Proud to be an Owner

/ BX 23 -Proud to be an Owner #1  

vlpena

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX23
Just a few words about my BX 23 experience today....WOW! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Actually used the mower for the first time (yeah, I'm the one that didn't know to extend the driveline...duh... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif). What an awesome machine. Having so much fun didn't even realize how hot it was today...starting to feel it now though, sunburn, yeow!
I have read some of the other comments on the BX23 about clearance and the such...well no problems here. On my 4+ acres on Southeast Texas I was everywhere I could get today. Over Oak tree roots, unseen logs (that'll jar your teeth) and a little too close to the pond. That was OJT on how to use the BH to crawl out of axle deep mud!
To top it off I was able to balance a 20' or better felled tree on the loader and move it to the burn pile!!!
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ...now to balance that check book!

/ BX 23 -Proud to be an Owner #2  
Glad to hear your up and running and enjoying your machine.
G

/ BX 23 -Proud to be an Owner #3  
The work that can be done with a tractor is amazing. I moved about 5 or so yards of mulch yesterday and didn't even break a sweat. The boss (wife) made a comment that would have taken us all day to do. It took less than an hour.

Donald B.

/ BX 23 -Proud to be an Owner #4  
I just bought a BX23 and can't believe how much I can do with the machine. I bought a rear grader blade and have cut about 2 feet of elevation off the back of my lot so far. I also can't believe how easy it was to remove the BH. The BX is a great machine.

/ BX 23 -Proud to be an Owner #5  
I've had my BX23 for 2 weeks and I'm equally amazed at what it will do. So far, I've used it for cutting pasture too thick for my 25 HP Scotts (Deere in disquise) riding mower which gets choked up in the tall stuff. the FEL is the amazing tool, though. I've never operated one before and it's really impressive how much power the 23 has. I've moved dirt, logs, brush, other implements all with ease. Yesterday, I re-installed the BH in about 20 minutes. I recommend removing it onto solid ground or concrete instead of soft pasture land. It sunk a few inches which made it a little tougher to install, but no real big deal. 4WD is a big help, although I've gotten stuck twice in deep mud with the rotary cutter attached. Tried to get greedy cutting around the pond - "just a few more inches..., blub, blub..." Had to yank it out with the truck - live and learn. I've been a little surprised at the tip-over feeling I've experienced, but it's a healthy lesson to learn. I really watch for hidden holes and mounds that could make it tip. Also, keep the loader close to the ground, especially with a heavy load. High pucker factor when carrying a boulder across a slight incline. I'm clearing lots of thick brush, so the first week I had 2 flats. Spent a fortune on Fix-a-Flat and Slime, but the holes were too large. Finally heard about foam-filling and opted for that. Cost about $225 total, but I'm soooo glad I did it. Not only does it PREVENT flats, period, but it also adds about 2-300 lbs of weight which makes it a little more stable. Overall, couldn't be happier with the tractor.
Dave /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif