Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas #1  

crhilton

Pto safety switches replaced and neutral safety switch replaced. Started and ran fine until I either depressed the forward pedal or tried to engage pto. any ideas to fix proplem?

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas #2  
Check the seat switch

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas #3  
^x2

I will ask why the PTO and neutral switch were replaced?

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas
The Tractor would not start so I did a continuity check and one of the PTO switches was bad, so replaced both. The neutral switch was separating so replaced it also. now tractor starts but dies if hydrostat pedal pressed and or PTO trying to be engaged. I am at my limit.

Thanks, Will do.

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas #6  
Yep. Check seat switch.

It's off that you are having multiple safety failures.

Prior to clarification, I was assuming you mis-diagnosed the problem the first two times thus the neutral and PTO switches got replaced. But those two switches only cause a no-show or only cause a shutdown if butt ain't in seat.

You don't have to be In The seat to start the tractor, so clearly all the safeties related to starting are working since it starts. But to move tractor or start PTO, it has to detect operator present.

However the seat switch is a two part switch. So it's not just a simple 2-wire continuity test.

Try this....start tractor. Leave in neutral with brake set. Engage PTO, and immediately flip seat forward. What happens?

Thank you, When I get home later today. I will work on seat switch troubleshoot and let you know.

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas #8  
It could be something just as simple as the seat switch being unplugged. That was my issue a long time ago when my 4410 had the same symptoms.

Thanks, ordered seat safety switch this morning. Will be here tomorrow, mean while I will bypass to test this remedy.

/ Kubota L3700 su dies after puhing foward pedal or engaging pto any ideas #10  
Thanks, ordered seat safety switch this morning. Will be here tomorrow, mean while I will bypass to test this remedy.

As I said, it's not a simple 2-wire switch. It's got 3 or 4 wires.

I wanted to bypass mine (because I like to stand up sometimes, for better visibility, Dodge a branch, stretch when on a big job, etc.)

Going in, I thought no big deal, just a jumper wire (cr cut the wires and nut together).

Saw several wires. No diagram. It was easier to just ziptie the lever down.

Perhaps someone here has a diagram and knows what goes to what? I know on the gear models, there are 2 neutral safeties and one if them is directly tied into the seat switch ( assuming for PTO operation when off the seat, it e sure you must be in neutral)