Diggng Sewer Pipe?

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #11  
It really depends. The deeper the tank the less concerned I'd be. It also depends on the size of the tank and how thick the lid is. Also, the weight of your tractor and the backhoe is not the total weight to be concerned about, also add in the forces when you are breaking out and where those are absorbed (i.e. stabilizer or rear tires) Having said that, I've used a 2000# L235 to mow over the concrete tank for many years and it's buried only about 6" and never broke it.

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #12  
Did anyone read post #5 ? You do not need plywood or idle down , that will make it worse .I see too many posts about using a backhoe and what to do ? Or I bought 300 acres and how do I clear it with a push mower ?

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #13  
I agree with Kevin37b,

3' down the tank will be just fine.

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #14  
Did anyone read post #5 ? You do not need plywood or idle down , that will make it worse .I see too many posts about using a backhoe and what to do ? Or I bought 300 acres and how do I clear it with a push mower ?

I'm all for hearing how not putting plywood down or making the tractor less jerky is really making it worse?

1460765260853.gif

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #15  
I think you'll be fine. Tanks here rarely have more than a couple inches of dirt over them and would survive that.

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe?
Thank you.
She's a Concrete Tank... ( Why they classify these tanks as Concrete, I don't know ) Sand and cement... No stone... Precast.
3' below surface to the cover.
Which brings the bottom of the tank at around 6' under ground.
20 years sitting in the same place.
I can come in and dig from the side.
But,, I'll be sitting right along side the house and walk in stairs.
Only one way to dig and swing the BH.
I have maybe 20 hours at running the backhoe, I don't want to end up being an imbecile.
Thursday, I phoned my Septic tank pump person.
He had mentioned my Drain Pipe might be compromised. Come spring, dig it out.
I asked him.. It it OK if I mess up while digging and wipe out the pipe?
He said ""NO""
Clean out the soil and be careful of the pipe...
Be careful, I need something to work with.

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #17  
6' down you'll have no problem.

His concern about the pipe is that he needs something at each end to work with. You don't want to mess with replacing the pipe where it goes through the house foundation....

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #18  
I have been running real hoes for 40 yrs , that is what I do . Control is best at WOT . And why buy $100.00 worth plywood when not needed ? I am all for hearing what makes you a ******* expert ?

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #19  
Is it the pipe from the house to tank , or the field not draining ? You need to uncover the tank and the lids and see what is going on . How much paper is being used ? If it is the pipe from house to tank , easy fix . If not ,$$$$ . I am going to wager that thinwall PVC was used on the system and has settled or snapped off at inlet or outlet .BTW you need a new pumper guy !

/ Diggng Sewer Pipe? #20  
Some places that sell tanks offer reinforced lids that can be driven on...regardless of the depth...
Depending on the type of soil...the planted depth of a tank makes no difference on the distribution of weight...i.e., the weight of a machine CAN be directly applied to the tank lid regardless of depth...