Mowing Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues #1  

islandboy242

Tractor
Kubota BX24
HI All,
I am definitely a newbie, my father in law has a 2007 Kubota BX24. He was having trouble with the mower "engaging", otherwise it worked fine.
We started it and moved it to a different area to look at it and removed the K B5 INTERLOCK SWITCH, Then the tractor would not start, not a click or anything ( lights come on and battery appears full!!. We put the same switch back in and it still won't turn over or anything? Any ideas ? HELP? ? ?

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues #2  
Welcome to TBN, somebody will know...
David from jax

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues #4  
First things first... have you checked all levers to make sure they are in the right position?

Things to check:

Parking brake
HST Pedal (Make sure it's in N)
R/RM/M PTO Selector (make sure it's not in-between two positions)
PTO Clutch Lever
Range Gear Shift Lever (Make sure it's in N)

Lastly, double check your connections... use some electrical contact cleaner and flush some of the switches.

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues
First things first... have you checked all levers to make sure they are in the right position?

Things to check:

Parking brake
HST Pedal (Make sure it's in N)
R/RM/M PTO Selector (make sure it's not in-between two positions)
PTO Clutch Lever
Range Gear Shift Lever (Make sure it's in N)

Lastly, double check your connections... use some electrical contact cleaner and flush some of the switches.

As far as I know the levers are all in the correct positions .. BUT i will recheck it all tomorrow. I can also try the cleaner option also.
Thanks

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues #6  
As far as I know the levers are all in the correct positions .. BUT i will recheck it all tomorrow. I can also try the cleaner option also.
Thanks
On my BX24 I have had the PTO lever switch get out of adjustment. Even though the lever is in the "right" position it would not always activate the switch. If I would let the lever snap back to position it would activate the switch. The adjustment is pretty simple to make as I recall.

Doug in SW IA

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues
UPDATE to my dilemma,
Had the Interlocking Switch checked out and it seems to be in working order, Any more idea's?

/ Interlock Switch Issues, Mower Issues #8  
Did you get the switch back into its original position, not backwards and adjusted right? Those interlocks are a generic item used by many manufacturers; some or double throw but only one side is used, three connection points is the key to that. If your 24 is like my 25 there are several interlocks and they are in series so all have to line up at once. In trouble shooting these I found that the mounting method is poorly engineered. SM screws and thin clip attach do not hold adjustment well; or for long. I have replaced with 1/8 inch flat bar tapped for 8-32 allen head machine screws. Follow the wiring diagram (if you have one) and find all those interlocks as a first check. In this stuff coincidence does happen. WSM is a must for trouble shooting or you can pay a dealer shop. At $125/hr I have saved thousands already.

Ron