Suspension seat on Grand L's

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #1  

Rutcutter

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460 4wd w/LA1055 Loader/ Rear Top and Tilt
Guys I have my base suspension seat that comes with the Grand L's cranked all the way up on the adjustment knob and when I sit on it almost bottoms out.

Granted I'm 235lbs and all but is there another spring setting to use on it to keep it from bottoming out or what's going on?

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #2  
I can't imagine that the seat should be bottoming out at 235lbs. I'm 170 and my seat is not even close to maxed out.
Perhaps a call to your dealer is in order.
I will add that there is a thread here about owners ordering Grand L's with the air ride seat and the pto can't be operated without weight in the seat (I assume the air ride seat doesn't tip forward like the standard seat). Just adding this tidbit in case you end up swapping out your seat and need to operate unattended pto implements.

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #3  
I'm 255 and, when cranked up to the max, there is only about 2" of travel left on the standard suspension seat on my L6060. I'll admit, it doesn't take much of a bump to bottom it out though. As a result, I added the Kubota air suspension seat and the difference is night and Day! Best $822 I ever spent! BTW, it's a Grammer seat which cost over $1000 if you buy it aftermarket with the adjustable arm rests.

As previously mentioned, the air seat does not fold forward and you need to put a weight on it to use a stationary PTO implement. I asked the mechanic who installed the seat and he (unofficially) showed me where to access the wiring harness to shunt the seat switch. I'll post the procedure when I get around to doing it.

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's
Wonder if there is a stiffer spring that we could replace to stock one with?

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #5  
I'm 255 and, when cranked up to the max, there is only about 2" of travel left on the standard suspension seat on my L6060. I'll admit, it doesn't take much of a bump to bottom it out though. As a result, I added the Kubota air suspension seat and the difference is night and Day! Best $822 I ever spent! BTW, it's a Grammer seat which cost over $1000 if you buy it aftermarket with the adjustable arm rests.

As previously mentioned, the air seat does not fold forward and you need to put a weight on it to use a stationary PTO implement. I asked the mechanic who installed the seat and he (unofficially) showed me where to access the wiring harness to shunt the seat switch. I'll post the procedure when I get around to doing it.

where did you buy from?

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #6  
I just don't want to spend $800+ on a air ride seat... If anyone has a breakdown of the standard seat please post it..

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #8  
I just don't want to spend $800+ on a air ride seat... If anyone has a breakdown of the standard seat please post it..
What model is your tractor? Kubota has the parts breakdowns for most of their tractors available on their website.

Aaron Z

Mine is a 2017 L5460

/ Suspension seat on Grand L's #10  
Mine is the same way, get it set and hit a bump and it hits the bottom. Air seat next time!! Drove my friends john deere and thought the same about his seat.