Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HST Formerly B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST

Default Re: FEL Stuck...HELP!

I'm sorry about your predicament. You must feel terrible damaging your 2620 which looks to be in great shape otherwise.

It's hard to tell for sure from your pics but it looks like you could put a bottle jack behind the front tire. If so, with the bucket on the ground, it would be possible to jack up the loader mount columns until you get enough clearance to drop the loader stand legs. If the jack won't fit behind the front tire, you could put pieces of pipe through the pin holes of the loader arms and use them as jack points. Unless you have 2 jacks, you would have to alternate side to side using blocks. You might be able to put the blocks on top of the tire temporarily. Once the stands are in place, remove the jack(s) / blocks and back the machine away. Again, it's hard to tell from the pics whether this would work or not.

Although I have occasionally removed the FEL from each of the 6 Kubotas I've owned, like oosic, I've learned to just leave them attached. In my case, I have very little reason to remove them anyway. With the exception of my old B7100, I spent the extra few $$ and got the QA option on the FEL's of my other tractors. When mowing, I just remove the bucket for better visibility.

I'll admit, doing engine maintenance can be a hassle with the FEL arms in the way and the manual says to remove the FEL first. I just remove the bucket, raise the FEL to it's highest point to get the arms out of the way and block it up with a 4X4 for safety.

In any case, I wish you luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 , Case 448

Thanks again folks. I didn't get back to it until this evening and it appeared the easiest one man way to separate the tractor from the FEL was to remove the pins (6) that Egon referred to, along with removing the side panels and grill. It required using some jacks on each side at certain point on the FEL arms. By dark I had the tractor separated from the FEL. Tomorrow I can review the damages to the rubber hydraulic lines on the FEL. The dents and scratches of the side panels and grill are obvious. I ran out of daylight to view any other damages on the tractor itself.

The good news is that........I didn't hurt myself and only used a few nasty words. Thanks again TBN'ers.

Cheers,
    Mike
    Kubota B2620 HST (2012) Case 448(1983)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B2601

Quote Originally Posted by oldballs View Post
    Well TBN'er, it doesn't pay to work when you are tired. After 5 years of owing/operating my B2620 and mounting the FEL as needed, I really screwed up.
    Yes, it is screwed up now..
    Above, you stated that you have been mounting the FEL as needed.
    Will you please forward what you did differently during this dismount & mount?
    What went wrong this time, so others may not make a similiar mistake.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 , Case 448

It was late in the evening, almost dark, I was very sweaty and tired. After a couple tries to hook it up I just started moving the joy stick all around to get the response that I wanted. Disconnected the hydraulics and tried to back out and then did most of the damage as I recall.

Now I am all set to fix "stupid". What else can I say?

Tractor
    B2620

Ok, just curious why the parking stands were up if you were trying to connect?

Tractor
    Kubota B2620 , Case 448

IIRC, the parking stand are suppose to be up when connecting....i.e. after the hydraulics are connected and the FEL lifted enough to raise them into their parked postition.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

I've never raised the parking stands until the loader was fully and successfully mounted on the tractor with the pins in place. If you raise the parking arms before that you take a chance of getting in a bad situation if something slips, as you discovered. At least if the parking arms are down, it won't fall down on your tires.

Tractor
    B2620

The parking stands don't get put up until it's all pinned and in place for me. As Grandad said, it's can go bad until the pins are in as you found out.

Tractor
    JD 5075E

Just curious, but:
    Could someone put enough ballast in the bucket so that no weight is on the loader arms, and then use hydraulics to lift the arms?
    How do you lift the stands if it's not pinned in? Isn't there weight on them until loader arms take load off them?
    JD5075E, Frontier RC2084 Rotary Cutter, Wallenstein FX65 Skidding Winch

Tractor
    B2620

Quote Originally Posted by CobyRupert View Post
    Just curious, but:
    Could someone put enough ballast in the bucket so that no weight is on the loader arms, and then use hydraulics to lift the arms?
    How do you lift the stands if it's not pinned in? Isn't there weight on them until loader arms take load off them?
    If you curl the bucket down enough with the loader in the mounts it will allow enough height to put the stands up, but it isn't as easy or convenient.
    Enough weight in the bucket could work but it would take quite a bit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast