FEL Stuck...HELP!

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #1  

oldballs

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2620 , Case 448 , Kubota B2650
Well TBN'er, it doesn't pay to work when you are tired. After 5 years of owing/operating my B2620 and mounting the FEL as needed, I really screwed up.

From the pictures you can see that the FEL is collapsed on the right tire. I tried to get it up with the hydraulics but only made it worse. I gave up for the night. Anybody have any ideas how to detach the FEL from the tractor. I have caved in the right and left engine panels as well as the some of the front grill. I can't believe that I did all this damage......must be getting too old to operate the darn thing. Suggestions appreciated. 003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #2  
I think you are going to need some way to lift the loader arms off of the tractor from above so you can back the tractor out and lower the two parking stands down. One way to do that would be with another tractor and loader; another would be a tow truck. From the picture it at least looks like you are outside so maybe you can get access to it with other equipment. Another way would be to place enough weight in the bucket that the loader will stay planted flat on the driveway and use the bucket curl to raise the loader arms. There is a lot of weight in the loader arms so nothing is going to be simple, safe and easy... please be careful! Maybe your dealer will be able to help. Do you have KTAC insurance on it?

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #3  
Do you have an engine hoist or can borrow/rent one? Otherwise build a gantry and use a come along, wood would be adaquate. Luckily the loader isn't too heavy to lift from that end.

Out of curiosity, how did this happen? Was this during removal or installation?

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #4  
Smh,, How did this happen?
I thought Quick & Easy detach & attach FEL's were pretty much something grandma could do with a coffee and doughnut in her hands.
Granted, not everything can be completely idiot proof.
What happened?

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #5  
Unfortunate, this situation is. The good news - you were not injured. I agree that the solution is to lift from above. Either some sort of portable lifting device or crane or build yourself a gantry. Also - get help from somebody who can be your eyes or operate the lifting device while you observe.

Other than the bent body panels - I think the situation with the FEL looks a lot worse than it will end up being when it gets separated.

BTW - its because of what we see in these pictures, that I have NEVER removed my FEL. Plus the fact that I do not have a level spot where it could "easily" be removed AND where I would want to leave it. Hey, I have enough trouble with the on/off of my 3-point implements. My poor 'ol hands & knees are more than evidence to that.

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #6  
No offer of a solution, but some advice. The panels are already bent, don't worry about bending them more as part of the recovery. Just watch so that expensive vitals under the panels don't become damaged. It may be necessary to sacrifice some additional inexpensive bits during the process. Most of all, be safe. Chain or otherwise support components to avoid sudden release as you begin to move things. Best wishes.

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #7  
Honestly a couple fit guys could lift the arms without a problem if you have some friends/ teenagers etc. The B2620 isn't that big and the loader isn't really that heavy comparitavly.
You should be able to get the situation resolved without further damage.
A gantry is probably the best as you can lift both sides together, but not necessary.

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #8  
Pull the top pin on the rear bracket and forward pin on lift cylinder. Should clear up some area for the arms to move.

Last edited:
   / FEL Stuck...HELP!
A friend(s) in need are friends indeed. Thanks for the encouragement, cautions and advice. I was going to mount the FEL and have done it many times in past 5 years. Occasionally it is tricky but usually it goes right on. I still couldn't believe that I
became some frustrated that I bent the panels up. Old and tired will do that....just like typing mistakes but that can easily be erased.

Think I'll start by getting a hand from my neighbor (big guy) ...after I go to church and pray that I'm still safe and sound of mind.

Cheers,
Mike

/ FEL Stuck...HELP! #10  
I had this similar issue happen with my BX. Although, I stopped and took a few minutes to carefully assess the situation before I did anything. With some careful small (I mean small) movements of the hydraulics I was eventually able to correct it and get it hitched up without bending, scratching, or damaging anything. The problem is going too fast and in large movements is where you'll get in trouble. I take mine off a few times a year. So it's on and off quite a bit. I've had no problem doing it on uneven ground, unless I am just getting better. Though, I find each make/model tractor a little different. Good luck and be safe.