Anyone install the 3rd function valve on the new BX 80 series?

/ Anyone install the 3rd function valve on the new BX 80 series?
They are the same as the curl cylinder has. My bucket has bigger quick connects on it so they put bigger ones on the valve. View attachment 520679View attachment 520680

Thanks for the pictures. They will definitely help when I start the install. The valve will hopefully arrive next week, so that weekend is planned up. I checked with Everything Attachments and they recommend I just order the grapple without the flat face couplers (they will deduct a set amount) and then I can install whatever size I need when it arrives. Now I just need the plan to all come together... :)

/ Anyone install the 3rd function valve on the new BX 80 series? #12  
Tractor dell can start a new thread on your install with pictures so we can see how it is done. I have the bx2680 and this might be something for me.

I have it installed on my unit as of Friday. The BX23s (80 series). I did not do a self install. The power wire might be the most difficult part.

OK, plan B. Got the kit. Read the instructions... and then thought to myself, could I do this? Yes. Do I really want to do this? No. lol The hydraulic part didn't look too bad, but the wire harness, seemed a bit confusing. When I tried to balance the money I would save with a self install, against the possible frustration (especially if I broke a line or something), it didn't balance. Going to call Messick's tomorrow and schedule time for them to do it. At least if they mess something up, they have to fix it! ;)

/ Anyone install the 3rd function valve on the new BX 80 series? #14  
OK, plan B. Got the kit. Read the instructions... and then thought to myself, could I do this? Yes. Do I really want to do this? No. lol The hydraulic part didn't look too bad, but the wire harness, seemed a bit confusing. When I tried to balance the money I would save with a self install, against the possible frustration (especially if I broke a line or something), it didn't balance. Going to call Messick's tomorrow and schedule time for them to do it. At least if they mess something up, they have to fix it! ;)
How much for the kit? Install?

How much for the kit? Install?

As an update to my original post, I got the 3rd function valve installed on the BX23S. The kit was $650, which is the same as it cost on the "Build my Kubota" part of the Kubota site. I was going to do it myself, but after I got the kit and looked at the instructions, I decided it wasn't something I really wanted to get into. I really haven't played with hydraulic lines before and I could see myself bending something or something stupid like that, and then have to deal with all that. So I called my dealer on a Monday morning. They picked it up that afternoon and when I got home from work on Tuesday, it was sitting in my driveway! Not bad service... still haven't seen the bill yet, so that may be a little scary. I don't think it is a "real" 3rd function valve. It kind of reminds me of a diverter valve. When you turn it on and push the single button, it uses the bucket curl controls to open and close the valve.

As for the grapple, I have ordered the 55" Wicked Root Grapple from EA. They currently have a 4 week backlog. It has been almost 2 1/2 weeks, so I have about 1 and 1/2 more to go. Then I just have to pick it up at the nearest freight terminal. Once I get it on, I will give an update on how well it works and such.

Latest update. Got the bill from my dealer for the pickup, install of the 3rd function and delivery. While I won't say the dollar amount, it was very reasonable, so I am happy.

I picked up the grapple at the freight terminal on Tuesday night. All I can say is that they need more signs telling you where to pick things up.... I spent more time finding the correct dock than it took for them to load it on my trailer... :rolleyes:

Put my pallet forks on my bucket to get it off my trailer. First time using them. Then took my bucket off for the first time, and attached the grapple. Installed the flat faced connectors I bought. Opened and closed the grapple a few times to work out the air. Checked the hydraulic fluid level and it was low. Wednesday morning I picked up some fluid at the dealer and put a quart in and it checked out normal. Used the grapple to move some logs and branches from my woods to the burn pit I dug a few weekends ago. It was so much easier than doing it by hand! Parked the tractor and when I went back later, I found some oil spots under the grapple. I wiped off the grapple but could not find the area it was coming from. Went back later and found more spots. I noticed there was 1 plug in each cylinder for lines that were not used. I got my allen wrench and realized they were not very tight, so I cranked them down good. Wiped it all down again. I quickly looked this morning, and I don't see any more spots on the floor. I will check again tonight, but I think that was the issue.

Other than that little issue, I am very happy with the grapple. Moving all that brush, logs and branches and not breaking a sweat was a nice change! I think I can get used to that. :D