Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!!

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #41  
This , IMHO is the best of the Jaws type tree pullers: Intimidator Tree Puller by Danuser saw, dig, pull, and carry any land growing obstacles trees or bushes

DAN-INTIMIDATOR-7.jpg

151120_Intimidator_1.jpg

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #42  
   / Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #43  
This , IMHO is the best of the Jaws type tree pullers: Intimidator Tree Puller by Danuser saw, dig, pull, and carry any land growing obstacles trees or bushes

View attachment 521074

View attachment 521075

Agreed. The that thing is wicked. And whoever said the trees come out with too much dirt to burn. You're right, but a couple bites on the root ball and the dirt is gone. IMG_9465.JPG

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #44  
That is nice - now add a rotator to the jaws and would it would be down right incredible!!!
I do see where that would be a bit heavy for a lot of SCUT but nicely built !
Thanks for sharing

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #45  
Rotating jaws would be pretty sweet, but it would add a lot of expense and complexity. The bigger problem is very few machines have duel hydraulic circuits on the front.

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #46  
It would be a bit pricey that is for sure, but ideal for contract work!

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #47  
JohnThomas how are you liking the JDunn Grapple? You have had it for a while now and I was wondering if you have any additional comments. Also what size tractor are you using it on. Did I read somewhere on this posting or another one that Jery offers two sizes? I am looking at removing a bunch of 1/2" to 2" saplings for a drive and house location, but only have a BX2230 with no extra hydraulics. Am I out of the BX's league to even think it would handle something like this? I haven't dug there yet, but county soil maps show a lot of sand types. Thanks, Jon

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!!
JohnThomas how are you liking the JDunn Grapple? You have had it for a while now and I was wondering if you have any additional comments. Also what size tractor are you using it on. Did I read somewhere on this posting or another one that Jery offers two sizes? I am looking at removing a bunch of 1/2" to 2" saplings for a drive and house location, but only have a BX2230 with no extra hydraulics. Am I out of the BX's league to even think it would handle something like this? I haven't dug there yet, but county soil maps show a lot of sand types. Thanks, Jon

I am still using it, after I broke it and Jerry sent me new heavier duty bolts. It was down a few weeks till the parts came and I got the job done repairing it. Then I bent one of the arms and the frame but was able to bend the arm back till it could close on the tree. My tractor has around 39 HP and the weight to go with it. It does a great job for small trees 2" to 3" in my soil and doing it the way Jerry shows on his video of gripping it and then rocking back and forth until it comes out. I was curling my bucket which was putting more pressure on the grapple arms and pin/bolts and it isn't strong enough to handle that obviously. Again, used with care and maybe reasonable diligence it does a fine job. I have cleared a lot of trees. I also had curled it pointing down to pick up a bundle of trees and maybe got it in the ground which is what Jerry said probably bent the arm. So, straight on with proper size of trees and a back and forth with tractor while lifting bucket has produced great results for me.
Jerry has two sizes of hydraulic rams which gives more or less gripping power and I have the bigger one.
I had a BX2200 and am skeptical whether it will work on your tractor unless the ground is very loose and the trees fairly small. Traction or the lack there of is the problem with the sub compact tractors and probably all tractors. 20HP in a tractor can do a lot but if you can't get traction and your doing more than lifting your usually coming up short. I'd want feedback from someone that owns one and using it on a BX before I'd make this big of an investment. Ask Jerry how many he has sold to BX owners and if they have said they have any issues and sure he'll be straight with you. Titan has one for half the price but it just opens/closes one arm while one arm stays in a fixed position. It indicates it weighs more but I think the hyd ram is smaller. It looks like it will remove small trees in a similar manner.
Mine is working fine now even though the frame is bent across the bottom and have a couple of hours use after I made the repairs with the parts Jerry sent me and I was able to bend the arm back into working position. Your BX probably doesn't have the power and weight to cause the damage I was able to do with the power and weight and aggressive use I was doing.

/ Got the small tree remover grapple today and I'm excited!!!! #49  
I am still using it, after I broke it and Jerry sent me new heavier duty bolts. It was down a few weeks till the parts came and I got the job done repairing it. Then I bent one of the arms and the frame but was able to bend the arm back till it could close on the tree. My tractor has around 39 HP and the weight to go with it. It does a great job for small trees 2" to 3" in my soil and doing it the way Jerry shows on his video of gripping it and then rocking back and forth until it comes out. I was curling my bucket which was putting more pressure on the grapple arms and pin/bolts and it isn't strong enough to handle that obviously. Again, used with care and maybe reasonable diligence it does a fine job. I have cleared a lot of trees. I also had curled it pointing down to pick up a bundle of trees and maybe got it in the ground which is what Jerry said probably bent the arm. So, straight on with proper size of trees and a back and forth with tractor while lifting bucket has produced great results for me.
Jerry has two sizes of hydraulic rams which gives more or less gripping power and I have the bigger one.
I had a BX2200 and am skeptical whether it will work on your tractor unless the ground is very loose and the trees fairly small. Traction or the lack there of is the problem with the sub compact tractors and probably all tractors. 20HP in a tractor can do a lot but if you can't get traction and your doing more than lifting your usually coming up short. I'd want feedback from someone that owns one and using it on a BX before I'd make this big of an investment. Ask Jerry how many he has sold to BX owners and if they have said they have any issues and sure he'll be straight with you. Titan has one for half the price but it just opens/closes one arm while one arm stays in a fixed position. It indicates it weighs more but I think the hyd ram is smaller. It looks like it will remove small trees in a similar manner.
Mine is working fine now even though the frame is bent across the bottom and have a couple of hours use after I made the repairs with the parts Jerry sent me and I was able to bend the arm back into working position. Your BX probably doesn't have the power and weight to cause the damage I was able to do with the power and weight and aggressive use I was doing.

Thanks. I have Jery's Tach-N-Go with a set of forks. They are great. I will contact him as you suggest. Jon