BX 60" MMM - When is close too close????

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #1  

Junkman

Tractor
2003 Kubota BX-22
BX 60\" MMM - When is close too close????

The right side of the mower deck is very close to the tire when it is in the up position. When is close too close? It has always been this way. It cuts fine and it doesn't rub, but it sure is close. See all pictures...

Attachments

• 434287-MVC-012S.JPG
    434287-MVC-012S.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 394
   / BX 60" MMM - When is close too close????
Re: BX 60\" MMM - When is close too close????

In this picture you can see the penny resting on the edge. The edge of the penny is touching the tire. There is about 3/16" clearance between the edge of the deck and the tire tread. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Attachments

• 434289-MVC-017S.JPG
    434289-MVC-017S.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 309
   / BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #3  

I'll have to go take a look see, but I do not think mine is THAT close. It is definitly MUCH closer on one side than the other.

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #4  

My 60" MMM deck is closer to the tire on the left side (deck is shifted towards the right). I have trouble turning the A.S. roller to take the deck off. I wonder if there is some sort of "horizontal control adjustment" for the deck?

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #5  

Mine is also very close. Actually, when I got the BX22 and put the MMM on that I retained from the BX2200, I had to adjust the heck out of the front mounts to pull it away from the tires when in the "up" position. One side is still closer than the other, however, even though the whole thing appears to be properly adjusted, etc.

If I try to run up the driveway in high range and full throttle with the deck all the way, up, bounces will drive the deck into the tires.

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close????

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My 60" MMM deck is closer to the tire on the left side (deck is shifted towards the right). I have trouble turning the A.S. roller to take the deck off. I wonder if there is some sort of "horizontal control adjustment" for the deck? )</font>

Mine is close on the right side and there is plenty of clearance on the left. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #7  

UncleAl

I have tried it in just about every position. The only way I can get the left rear A.S. roller to rotate without hitting the tread is to adjust the front of the mower higher (out of spec.).

My dealer says that all BX's with Ag tires have this problem. However, I know that some do and some don't. I wonder if it depends on the brand of tire that is installed. The tires that came with my BX2200 are Power Lug MAXXIS. 26X12.00 12NHS

John

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #8  

I have to lower my deck a bit to get the AS roller to pivot side ways (with turfs).
I still haven't made it to the shed, but I'm sure I have a 1/2 inch or more.

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #9  

My left rear roller didn't hit when I took the deck off until I rubbed my fence a few times. Now I have to pull the deck out while turning the roller when detaching the deck. The mower doesn't appear to mow any different so I decided not to make any adjustment. My past experience has taught me not to make adjustments if I am satisfied with the lawn after mowing. I get a headache just looking at the directions for making adjustments to the deck.
Junkman, I haven't noticed how close my deck is while mowing but it appears yours is too close, or is it? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I reckon if it doesn't show signs of rubbing either the frame or the deck, then it isn't too close.

/ BX 60" MMM - When is close too close???? #10  

John,
I use both types of tires (bars and turfs). It's as big a problem with turfs as with bars. Mine had this deck shift thing going from day 1, but I guess over time that most decks will probably shift to the right, since you use the left side to get close to stuff (because the chute is on the other side). I get pretty close with the left side to trees, etc, sometimes too close /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif! Rubbing on stuff can't be good for deck alignment, especially over time as your connection points/holes/pins wear.