Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Beaver Dam Wisconsin then to Hohenwald, TN
    Tractor
    John Deere 3720

Default Re: Trying to say I have gas in my diesel.

Quote Originally Posted by nybirdman View Post
    Fill-up stations do have mistakes made;our local diesel tank was filled with gas by a rookie driver;they ended up replacing a couple of motors,one a Mercedes car.
    I agree and as I mentioned, and will take very little time, put some tractor fuel in a glass container and check the outcome. Being a stand alone pump is good, but not a guarantee. At least it could confirm there is no gas in the mix.
    JD 3720 with R4s and bulldozer capabilities.
    X740

12 Millimeter = 1/2"
    100 Millimeter = 4"
    1 Meter = 40"
    1 Kilometer = 3300' or 5:8 ratio

I'm not aware of how the electronics of Booty work or what they do but do suspect they could be your problem.

A service Tech that is not up to date and does not have proper access to computer aided diagnostics may be a little challenged.
    Egon
    50 years behind the times
    Livin in a
    Worn out skin bag filled with rattlin bones

Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

I have encountered gas being mixed with diesel. Mistakes happen at the fill stations by both rookie and professionals... Same thing happens as full service stations. My buddy brought his diesel tractor over to a full service station on a trailer and the boys thought it ran on gas, so they filled it on up with 12 gallons of gas. To make matters worse, the gas pumps were those gas/diesel combos with two pump handles. I bet that could get costly after filling a diesel truck up with gas. Luckily my buddy got them to get a couple containers out, and he drained the fuel out right at the station and flush it with diesel to make sure there was no gas left. Now if he fills it on the trailer, he takes it to a self service.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2350

I'll give you my take on it. Gas in the diesel, possible but I say the dealer is full of crap. They are either saying that to put the blame on you or are grasping at straws. I agree, probably something electronic.
    Dave,
    BX2350

Tractor
    Mahindra MAX26 XL

A few years back a local Chevron station had a delivery of diesel dumped in one of their gas tanks. The local mechanics got a lot of work from that mistake. My only point is that mistakes do happen at that level. I hope you get the issue solved.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200

could anyone fully describe the damage that might be done to a compression ignition engine that "sputters and stalls" due to gasoline mixed into the fuel?

Seems like a witch hunt based on innocence* to me. * i.e. No practical experience.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere

Damage is done to the FIP due to lack of lubrication. Diesel is an 'oil' and contains an 'upper cylinder lubricant' component. Petrol (Gas) is a more highly refined 'spirit' and too dry for the close tolerance components in the FIP.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    L2550

Where are you from Daniel?

Tractor
    BX25D

Quote Originally Posted by repete View Post
    Where are you from Daniel?
    I live in South Georgia. The Dealer that I bought the tractor from is in Statesboro, Ga. and had some issues with kubota and Dealership issues. They no longer sell Kubota. A new Dealership then opened in Stateboro. Low Country Kubota. I've had some health issues that prevented me from doing alot around our little homestead. The tractor didn't get a lot of use this year. It was been used for things like mowing grass, picking up debris and pushing up our burn piles. Wanted to bushhog the pastures, but the quail have been nesting and we don't want to bother them. The thing with the fuel. Last fuel I bought was May 1st. 10 gallons. It's the same tank of diesel that was in the tractor Aug 1st when they replaced the hood and checked the tractor over and proclaimed everything OK. I'm going to call the Kubota Customer line and ask for an update this afternoon.

Tractor
    MF35, Kubota7040, Case885, Ford 1100

I am no expert to the bx, but does it not have multiple "safeties" that could be malfunctioning? The main one that comes to mind is a seat occupant switch then perhaps a HST pedal or Neutral Safety Switch. The other one would be a simple ground wire that could be making intermittent contact which causes the display fuse to eventually blow and could cause other electrical issues that could cause fuel to shut off as part of the "safety" system.

My second guess would be water.

Good Luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast