Bx24 - drive forward/reverse pedal safety switch location

/ Bx24 - drive forward/reverse pedal safety switch location #1  

richardbro

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX24
Hi y'all
Got a 12yo bx24. The safety switch gremlins have been pestering me the last few years. Under-seat safety switch loose wires, pto-engagement switch full of crude, etc... Seem to have all those mastered up to now but the forward/reverse safety switch is my current torture. Jiggling the backwards pedal usually works but lately even this method has it's limits (especially when an incoming thunderstorm is looming).

Anyone know the location of the backwards pedal safety switch? I poked around in there recently but failed to locate something that looks like the other safety switches...
What's a good sledgehammer size to rap it with?

/ Bx24 - drive forward/reverse pedal safety switch location #2  
I do not believe there is a safety switch on the HST rocker pedal. It is "sprung" to return to the neutral position when released, that is the "safety". Are the pivots free of crud and lubricated so the pedal returns freely to the center/neutral "default" position?

On my "rocker" L3560/HST the wires attached to the separate forward and reverse solenoids under the operating station can work loose or be pulled off when Bush Hogging through brush higher than 14". I would check those wire connections. Be sure the wire and solenoid contacts are clean, so current flow is not inhibited. Make sure contacts are reasonably tight.
(Your comment on incoming thunderstorms leads me to speculate your problem is electrical.)

After twelve years some minor maladies must be expected on any tractor.

/ Bx24 - drive forward/reverse pedal safety switch location
Yes - the return-to-neutral isn't what it used to be when new. I do grease the zerk though. Maybe there's an adjustment I can do. I figure there's a safety switch there somewhere because it has to detect the neutral position electrically somehow to cut off the engine.

/ Bx24 - drive forward/reverse pedal safety switch location #4  
Our BX2660 has a neutral switch to make sure the pedal is in neutral when you try to start it, or get off of the tractor.

Aaron Z

Thanks - that's what i suspect the bx24 is doing. Just need the location of the thing to clean it out

/ Bx24 - drive forward/reverse pedal safety switch location #6  
Well I guess like other neutral safety switches it's located on the lever apparatus under the tractor, you'll need to get down/under and have a look. The bx25 and 2660 are possibly the same so download a manual from kubotabooks.com and heve a look there to help if you can't find it. To make things easier you may have to remove the rear wheel, but I suspect with some hard stretching you may be able to get to it without, but that's just a guess.

Guess I'll update this old thread. There IS a safety switch on the HST rocker pedal, located behind the read right wheel. I recently had some time so I removed the back and cleaned out 10 years worth of crud back there. That's when I found the switch (sorry, no pic). I clean some crud around the switch but the actual fix required unloosening 2 screws that hold the switch body to a sliding rail and advancing the switch about 1/4 inch. Also did he same to the PTO safety switch.

Work fine now...

Fine machine - will be selling it this summer when I sell the farm