My M7060 purchase and usage thread

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #161  
Yes. I take the loader on and off all the time, it's off for all non loader field and haulage. Given how easy they go on and off I'm surprised to see people leave them on needlessly.

Mine is off for much of the summer because of field work. A loader is great at times but a real pain in field work and I don't know of an easier one to remove than the Kubota. Off it comes, especially for maintenance.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #162  
Don't your hyd lines give y'all a fit? I only take my loader off for the winter (all woods, no field work) and at the end of snowplowing, putting the loader back on I need to "break" all 4 loader side lines @ the hyd coupler to hook it back up. Every year.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #163  
I run mine without the FEL a lot, too.
So far I have not found the tractor to be light on the front.
But I need to have me a bracket made to accommodate the weights I have left from my L3240.
Rustyiron when you remove the FEL be sure to shutoff the tractor and relieve the pressure in the lines.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread
Don't your hyd lines give y'all a fit? I only take my loader off for the winter (all woods, no field work) and at the end of snowplowing, putting the loader back on I need to "break" all 4 loader side lines @ the hyd coupler to hook it back up. Every year.

I have 8 lines on mine since I have the 3rd function and and extra set for my cutter and wood splitter. The main 4 are plumbed together in the quick detach option and the 4 others were installed in a way that they are really easy to access. As mentioned above turning off and also cycling controls relieves all pressure. I honestly thought it would be a bit more difficult than it was but since it is not mine will be off more often now.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #165  
Mine was a nightmare when it was delivered. I literally dreaded stopping and having to shift into Park. I had to use two hands, and all my strength, and even then sometimes could not get it in Park. I actually cracked the plastic around the lever handle. This is my first tractor so thought maybe it was me until I posted here. Then I had the dealer come out and make an adjustment and it's been fine since. Purchased in Feb of this year.

Any details of what was adjusted where, by how much, etc.
Ours is barely a week old and had to be PUSHED to relieve the stress on the trans before it would release.

EDIT:

I just checked the shop manual; the short vertical rod just in front of the hydraulic oil filter (right side, just in front of rear wheel) is the adjustment and the spec is 95mm (3.7 in).
Don't think I want to mess with it yet, may want to wait for a little more break in, maybe call the dealer on Monday.

BTW the flat bar sticking out from the transmission near that point is the park brake lever, if ours sticks in a location or at a time where/when another tractor can't push to release it we will probably resort to direct upward force on that lever.

FWIW, etc.

Last edited:
   / My M7060 purchase and usage thread #166  
I am not sure exactly what they adjusted. I was not present when they did it, but they said a "rod" just needed a small adjustment.

Any details of what was adjusted where, by how much, etc.
Ours is barely a week old and had to be PUSHED to relieve the stress on the trans before it would release.

EDIT:

I just checked the shop manual; the short vertical rod just in front of the hydraulic oil filter (right side, just in front of rear wheel) is the adjustment and the spec is 95mm (3.7 in).
Don't think I want to mess with it yet, may want to wait for a little more break in, maybe call the dealer on Monday.

BTW the flat bar sticking out from the transmission near that point is the park brake lever, if ours sticks in a location or at a time where/when another tractor can't push to release it we will probably resort to direct upward force on that lever.

FWIW, etc.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #167  
Regarding the hydraulic couplings on my M6040. I turn the tractor off - work the controls to relieve all pressure. The couplings come apart or go back together easily.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #168  
I am not sure exactly what they adjusted. I was not present when they did it, but they said a "rod" just needed a small adjustment.

I don't have a problem with getting the dealer to "come fix this", but I do have a problem with the idea of it getting stuck somewhere NASTY say late on a Saturday night and the dealer's mechanic not being able to get to it until Monday mid day, or later.

I just want to be able to get it out of park SOMEHOW ...and lifting that flat bar looks like it would do it - I am assuming there isn't a great amount of force multiplier through the linkage and given the distances that the knob end moves vs the plate and other bits that I have seen move as the know end is shifted I doubt that it takes much force at the end of that flat bar.

Paranoid ? Maybe, I'm trying to arm myself with a bit of knowledge for an anticipated situation.

Hahh, I don't yet know how that 95 mm is measured, center to center or straight rod length.
I'll get in there, if it is WAY off it should be obvious.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #169  

Eric, try removing warm and reinstalling cold. If I can't do that I run the loader until I've warmed the fluid before removing. Your problem is expansion of fluid in the loader system.

/ My M7060 purchase and usage thread #170  
Eric, try removing warm and reinstalling cold. If I can't do that I run the loader until I've warmed the fluid before removing. Your problem is expansion of fluid in the loader system.

Works for me. Warm before removing and install cold.
Took me a lot of sweat and heartache before I accidentally figured it out.