Oil & Fuel leaky fuel shutoff

/ leaky fuel shutoff #1  

Anderson

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3600 with cab/Loader
Anyone else have a problem with the fuel shutoff valve for changing the fuel filter? I ended up with a pretty good mess this weekend when I took off the filter bowl, and the gas wouldn't stop coming out no matter where I positioned the valve. It just came out a bit faster when I had it in the open position.

/ leaky fuel shutoff #2  
I'm not familiar with the L3600, but my guess is that a shut-off valve should stop the flow completely. I would suspect that the valve doesn't completely seat when in the off position, and would inquire with the dealer.

Roy

/ leaky fuel shutoff #3  
I've never had that problem; mine shut off completely, but then I've only had B series tractors; never changed a filter on an L series.

Bird

/ leaky fuel shutoff #4  
I had experienced the same things when I changed my filter too on my L35. What I ended up doing is pinching off the line then holding it pinched with blacktape (although that doesn't hold up very well and would recommend tieing something else). Then after changing the filter and cleaning the bowl I just release it but then it wouldn't bleed the air out very good with teh bleeder valve at first either then just did as I was sitting there looking at it wondering what was going on. Must be the gas filter valve not opening or closing right or something. After all that I haven't had any trouble with fuel delivery so that's good. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Darin

/ leaky fuel shutoff #5  
I had the same problem with my 3710. It came up on 200 hrs. and I went to change the fuel filter. I could not get the fuel to stop running, no matter what position. Luckily I had a clean 5 gal. bucket under the valve. I let the fuel run and then dumped it back in the tank. My mechanic said it should shut off and to bring it by, but I don't know if it's worth taking it in for a small nuisance.

DaveH

/ leaky fuel shutoff #6  
I have the same problems with my L175. The valve just turns around without hitting a stop or anything. Fuel is not stopped from leaking out, a real pain when changing filters. I used the bucket trick too. Seeing as I don't change the filter too often, it's one of those jobs easy to put off fixing !

Cheers

Neil R.

/ leaky fuel shutoff #7  
H-m-m-m, sounds like it could be a very SERIOUS problem then! :eek:) If Kubota engineers haven't solved it since the L175 (30 years +- 5), then it must be a real stinker to deal with. I think I would be looking at local hardware stores/auto parts houses for adaptable valves to plug in as a replacement. Don't wait for Kubota on that one.