L6060 tool box options

/ L6060 tool box options #1  

Complete Turf Care

Veteran Member
Tractor
2022 Kubota Grand L6060 (no loader), 2017 Kubota Grand L6060, 2011 Kubota L5740 HSTC-3, 1997 Kubota M4700
I recently purchased a L6060 with a cab and it does not come with any kind of tool box, nor does Kubota offer any tool box option.

I'm wondering what other L6060 have done, if anything, for a tool box.

I also own a L5740 that has a small box behind the seat and although it doesn't hold much, it is handy. The cab on the new tractor has more room inside, but there is no place to store a few tools and hitch pins and such.

/ L6060 tool box options #2  
Do you have a loader on it?

/ L6060 tool box options #4  

If yours has the large round tubes on each side for the loader mount. What Im going to do on mine is either build a 2x2" angle frame. like a battery tray , or a flat plate and mount a 50 cal ammo can on it. Will be tucked out of the way and water tight.

/ L6060 tool box options #5  
If yours has the large round tubes on each side for the loader mount. What Im going to do on mine is either build a 2x2" angle frame. like a battery tray , or a flat plate and mount a 50 cal ammo can on it. Will be tucked out of the way and water tight.

That is what I did on my JD. Works great. Do paint the ammo can very well. Maybe prep it very well. I like it is sealed keeps the dust out.

/ L6060 tool box options #6  
Try and grasp the concept of forum "Search".
At the very least, look at the "Similar Threads" at the foot of this page.
:rolleyes:

/ L6060 tool box options #7  
I recently purchased a L6060 with a cab and it does not come with any kind of tool box, nor does Kubota offer any tool box option.

I'm wondering what other L6060 have done, if anything, for a tool box.

I also own a L5740 that has a small box behind the seat and although it doesn't hold much, it is handy. The cab on the new tractor has more room inside, but there is no place to store a few tools and hitch pins and such.

I made a pair of these for my MX5800 and found they fit the L6060 as well. In my case, the FEL hyd. lines run through the right side tube so I can only use one on the left. The trays also fit the cross tubes of many FEL's but the contents move around as the FEL is raised and lowered. Ok for water bottles, cans of chain saw fuel, etc. but not good for fragile items.

P1060220.JPG P1060221.JPG

They are fairly easy to make from some sch 80 PVC pipe and fittings available at Home Depot. Some sanding is necessary for a good fit:

P1060206.JPG P1060215.JPG P1060218.JPG P1060232.JPG P1060236.JPG

The trays are a press in fit and I've never had one come loose but if you're worried about it, you can always do something like this:

P1060238.JPG

/ L6060 tool box options
That is what I did on my JD. Works great. Do paint the ammo can very well. Maybe prep it very well. I like it is sealed keeps the dust out.

I like the idea of an ammo box. They are big and easy access. Do you have any pics of yours?

I made a pair of these for my MX5800 and found they fit the L6060 as well. In my case, the FEL hyd. lines run through the right side tube so I can only use one on the left. The trays also fit the cross tubes of many FEL's but the contents move around as the FEL is raised and lowered. Ok for water bottles, cans of chain saw fuel, etc. but not good for fragile items.

They are fairly easy to make from some sch 80 PVC pipe and fittings available at Home Depot. Some sanding is necessary for a good fit:

The trays are a press in fit and I've never had one come loose but if you're worried about it, you can always do something like this:

I remember seeing this. In fact, I told the Kubota salesperson about these. I'm gonna try this too.

Thanks!

/ L6060 tool box options #9  
Try and grasp the concept of forum "Search".
At the very least, look at the "Similar Threads" at the foot of this page.
:rolleyes:
I have a L4060hstc, so basically the same tractor other than engine. I've been keeping my eye out for good toolbox option for over a year & have used search a fair bit. Other than the loader tube slide in pipe thing I haven't seen one. So saying use the search button isn't always an option.

/ L6060 tool box options #10  
I keep a canvas tool bag behind the seat. I have always liked the idea of using the loader cross tubes and bdhsfz6 has done a nice job. What I need now is a storage space for 2 sections of 3/8 chain. The tube that goes completely from arm to arm has enough room, but I always get stuck at how to close the ends off.