Back Hoe options for L3430

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #1  

perryg114

Tractor
Kubota B7800, Mahindra 3016
I was thinking a back hoe attachment would be a handy thing to have. I was wondering what options there are for the Kubota L3430. I know Woods makes some affordable units. A Kubota one would cost more than a new tractor. I was thinking it would be good for making a trench for utilities leading up to a building sight.

Perry

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #2  
Have a Bradco 408 I think it was the W model for being wider vs N that I have seen on John Deere tractors, it came off a Bobcat skidsteer and they took off the skidsteer bracket and put on the tractor 4 point mount. I would check availability of the bracket kit before buying the backhoe if you find one. You also need the 700 series loader so the brackets will connect up with the sub frame.

David

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #3  
Bradco is about the best backhoe made for compact tractors. My dad has a Woods 9000 on his Kubota L3710, it digs great. However where it pins to the tractor, it bounces around quite a bit. Also, the 3 point hitch must be removed to mount the backhoe. Not sure about the newer Woods.

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #4  
One thing I like about the Bradco subframe on the L3130 is you disconnect the sway bar links, raise three point arms up, backup to the backhoe and hook up the hydraulics, raise hoe up into the mounts, insert pins and hook sway bar links to the brackets on the hoe and then lower the three arms onto the crossbar of the hoe and you are done without having to remove anything.

David

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #5  
I was thinking a back hoe attachment would be a handy thing to have. I was wondering what options there are for the Kubota L3430. I know Woods makes some affordable units. A Kubota one would cost more than a new tractor. I was thinking it would be good for making a trench for utilities leading up to a building sight.

Perry

Kubota replaced the original BH90 hoe, which was recommended for the L3430, with the BH92. The mounts are the same for both hoes and are interchangeable for most of the larger L and MX tractors. I've owned both and they are awesome performers. They are pricey new but you may find a used BH90 if you shop around. My dealer has a least 2 used BH90's on the lot. They were taken in trade from folks who wanted to upgrade to the BH92 without buying a new tractor.

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #6  
in agreement that the backhoe bounces around on the top link bracket---have had to replace 2 top link brackets

/ Back Hoe options for L3430 #7  
in agreement that the backhoe bounces around on the top link bracket---have had to replace 2 top link brackets

I also had to replace a top link bracket on my old L3010 which broke from the strain of a Woods 3 pt mount hoe.