Canopy Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #1  

mikester

Elite Member
Tractor
M59 TLB
For anyone interested in adding a cab to their M59/M62 I've just written a blog on my experience adding a Laurin-Inc Eclipse cab to my M59.

You can view the blog and photos at Divergent Stuff – Random stuff that fits together somehow…

IMHO the Eclipse cab is the closest thing to getting a factory cab on your M59. I have yet to see an M62 with a factory cab as comparison. Unfortunately the M62 cab option isn't available in Canada yet so it might be a while before I see one in person.

Send me a line - I'd love to hear if you have any questions or comments.

M59_with_Laurin_Cab3_TBN.jpg

Last edited:
   / Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #2  
Thanks a lot. This is literally the only informative information on the m59/m62 cab. Not even Lauren or kubota have this much detail. I致e spent many times googling cabs with zero.

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #3  
Wow, great job on the blog write up! Very informative and as was mentioned, the most detailed on the web anywhere!

I actually think I like the looks of this cab better than the Curtis cab, only because it doesn't have that large black box for the heater on the right. It looks like yours still maintains a right hand door?

I'm interested to know if you ever use your snowblower by facing backwards in your tractor? In other words, can you spin your chair around as if you would when using the backhoe, and operate in reverse for your rear mounted blower?

Do you have any photos or videos of the blower mouthed or in use on the tractor?

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #4  
Mikester,
Great article, I wish it was 8 months earlier. I just completed the same cab on a K L39TLB. Had lots of similar issues. One worse, the Lauren welder reversed the rear vertical supports so the wire exit was one the rear left while the roof entry was on the right. (Mike will know what I mean) Had to extend wire harness. Lauren said "sorry ". Mine only weighs 900lbs. I did mine with rear wheels on.
Added lights and flashers on all sides.

A lot left to the local installer!! My engine ports only give me heat after the thermostat open. Doesn't allow idle warm up of cab. This will be my first winter with it.
Rob

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #5  
Mikester - Great coverage of an involved project. And good documenting it for others to see. Installation takes a lot of thought and planning - and writing the screenplay as you go adds another layer. Laurin has always done a good job but to keep the price under a Bentley there's still work to do. Installing it yourself is the way to get the level of fit, finish and detail you want. Good job! Dick B

Attachments

• Laurin Cab L5450.JPG
    Laurin Cab L5450.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 369
   / Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59
Wow, great job on the blog write up! Very informative and as was mentioned, the most detailed on the web anywhere!

I actually think I like the looks of this cab better than the Curtis cab, only because it doesn't have that large black box for the heater on the right. It looks like yours still maintains a right hand door?

I'm interested to know if you ever use your snowblower by facing backwards in your tractor? In other words, can you spin your chair around as if you would when using the backhoe, and operate in reverse for your rear mounted blower?

Do you have any photos or videos of the blower mouthed or in use on the tractor?
Hi Piston

The Laurin cab has doors that open suicide style on both sides. The rear window opens awning style and is hinged on top and can open out about 8 inches. I can unlock the backhoe from in the cab still through the window - a tight fit but I can do it. The side windows open casement style and are hinged at back. They can open out to a max of 8 inches. Overall there's good ventilation in summer even without an A/C and the fans running.

The Laurin cab heater is in the ceiling and there are 4 directional vents I can aim. I will see how the heater performs come winter.

Here's a couple of snow blower photos as requested. The first shows the rear mounted 6 foot blower I currently use. I was thinking of blogging it as it's and old Lucknow that I completely rebuilt to like new and converted the manual chute turner to hydraulic...sweet!
blower1_2.jpg
The second photo is my old tractor that I was running the blower on the front using a hydraulic motor to drive the snowblower PTO. It was a 3PH snow blower and I made a quick attach bracket for the loader. I can use the QA bracket to run 3PH implements on the front of the tractor...it works pretty good. I have to find some better pictures and I'll post a blog on both when I get some time.
blowerold_2.jpg
I could still use the blower on the front of my M59 but it's way faster to blow going backwards as the M59's hydrostatic drive and PTO horsepower make short work of cleaning snow. I also use my loader forks a lot and I can get into tighter places going backwards. The hydraulic PTO on the front is ok on light and powder snow but tends to bog down in deep or wet snow. I can now do the job in about half the time going backwards on the M59. I can leave the M59 in 3rd gear for all kinds of snow.

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #7  
Mike,
Thanks for the additional information and photos! Please do post up here if you add more to your blog or after you get some time in your new cab while blowing with the heat on. I'd love to hear more, as I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

Have you ever tried snow blowing in reverse with the seat turned all the way around facing backwards? I'm curious if something like,this would work, as sort of a "bidirectional" tractor.

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59
Mike,
Thanks for the additional information and photos! Please do post up here if you add more to your blog or after you get some time in your new cab while blowing with the heat on. I'd love to hear more, as I'm sure a lot of others would as well.

Have you ever tried snow blowing in reverse with the seat turned all the way around facing backwards? I'm curious if something like,this would work, as sort of a "bidirectional" tractor.

For anyone interested in following this thread...

I just updated my blog with some more photos showing snow cleaning before and after with the new cab.

M59cabSnow2_2-1024x674.jpg

We got our first real snow fall occurred yesterday with about 4-6 inches of snow and temperatures were holding at -8oC or 17oF. Visibility, noise level and comfort in the cab is very good. I was in a light winter jacket and I was getting too warm. Within the first few minutes the cab was up to 60oF or about 16oC and I had to turn down the heater blower....

To answer your question Piston regarding driving with the seat flipped around - unfortunately there's no room for my knees to spin the seat around and drive with the backhoe cab removed. I'll try and get some in cab photos next time and show the layout and any window fogging.

/ Laurin Eclipse Cab install and review for my Kubota M59 #9  
Thanks for the update!