l4610 hst pedal adjustments

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments #1  

waycoolmarine

Silver Member
Tractor
john deere /kubota
I just acquired a l4610 hst cab , the pedal seems way out of adjustment ,you have to push all the way backwards to get any reverse and almost all the way forward to get it to move. the pedal was just flopping around ,so I put new bushings in the mount and pedal and tightened it up, and changed the fluid and filters .
it still seems not right -does anyone have a manual the can email me ?? I will compensate , or has anyone dealt with this ? my direct email is waycoolmarine@aol.com thanks Dan

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments #2  
Sorry, I no longer have my L4610, and the service manual went to the new owner. But the HST pedal on the tractor operates a hydraulic servo that moves the actual linkage to the HST drive. If it's "flopping around", you may need to get into the actual pedal linkage and/or the servo mechanism itself to find what is going on. You can also look up the parts diagrams for it at the Messick's website. You may just have a stick or something that's jammed into the wrong place beneath the tractor. That fouled up the HST pedal on my tractor once but was fortunately easy to resolve.

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments #3  
Hi Dan - the attached pic shows the HST linkage under the floor of an L48 which has the same HST as the L4610. The PDF is a scan of a linkage page from the shop manual marked up in red with direction arrows.

For a goofy pedal the linkage is the starting point. All the links should move right away when the pedal moves. Make sure the regulator arm is actually turning back and forth. Post back with what you find and we can go from there if needed. Dick B.

Attachments

• pic 2.JPG
    pic 2.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 523
  • L48 HST Control Linkage.pdf
    254.7 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
   / l4610 hst pedal adjustments
heres an update , and a big shout out to Dick who helped me with diagrams and a link to a problem he had , what I found is the regulator - bolted to the trans has a worn rod and did have to much slop between direction changes , the bad part of this story is Kubota does not sell the part they want you to replace the regulator at $2100+ - makes me sick for a 60-to 100 part they want you to spend $2200 -getting the regulator out is quite a challenge as the regulator seems to be meant to come off when trans is out - took me about 5 hours and a lot of patient , would be easier if not a cab tractor img_1640.jpg

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments #5  
Attached pic shows what that part should look like. Note the shape at the ends. Interestingly these two machines are around 2000 hours - one badly worn, the other not at all.

There may be something else going on in this unit - there should not be such resistance to movement in the servo piston causing the wear shown in the picture above ??

Attachments

• pic 6 link.JPG
    pic 6 link.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
   / l4610 hst pedal adjustments #6  
Do you have access to a wire welder and Dremel type grinding tool? If so, it may be possible to build up the worn areas on the part with weld and grind it to the proper shape. I've done this many times in the past but without seeing the part in person, it's difficult to tell if this will work.

I agree with rbargeron though. There may be another issue causing the excessive wear.

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments
I dropped it off at a buddys machine shop and they are going to fix or make a new one . thru my diagnosis I found the pedal stops don't hit the pedal ? thinking that may be a cause ,but don't know.

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments #8  
If the stops aren't contacting, the lever becomes the stop. That could explain the wear. Wonder why somebody adjusted the stops in the first place?

There's some material missing from the lever now - hope it was all tiny dust that found its way into the filter.

/ l4610 hst pedal adjustments #9  
Reviving this old thread - if an Lxx10 HST machine doesn't reach normal speed in F and R, a worn regulator lever is a place to look.
The regulator can be taken off for service without splitting the machine (see posts above).

Last edited: