Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #1  

12BravoEng

Tractor
Maybe Kubota L3301?
All,

I've ordered a L3301 HST from Barlow Equipment and will be (hopefully) picking it up as I drive cross-country from Ft. Gordon to Ft. Carson 05-06'ish DEC.

I have some considerable grading to do on my new property and am looking at box blades.
The EA Xtreme (66") is 490 lbs and the Land Pride BB2566 is 500 lbs.

With filled R4s, does the L3301 have enough weight \ HP to dig \ drag a good bit of Colorado soil?

Thanks!

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #2  
The nice thing about a box blade is that as you become familiar with how it works you will be using it and the material in it to increase the weight of the tractor... You should be just right with a 66" and the folks at EA make about the Best box blade you will find. KennyV

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #3  
I like your Screen name. Im a 12B40E8

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #4  
I've ordered a L3301 HST.

I have considerable grading to do on my new property and am considering box blades.

With filled R4s, does the L3301 have enough weight \ HP to dig \ drag a good bit of Colorado soil?

You will will be able to slowly pull the Box Blade full of dry dirt.

However, you will be marginal for pulling five or six scarifiers through tough dirt. You may have to remove one or two scarifiers, getting down to four scarifiers, to tear up packed dirt.

Be patient after you attach the Box Blade to your tractor. It takes awhile to learn how to use a Box Blade efficiently.

I would prefer ETA's 66" Box Blade over Land Pride's too, by a narrow margin. ETA will paint your Box Blade Kubota orange but it will add ten days or two weeks to delivery time.

Photo shows Kubota B3300SU/HST/4-WD/R4s filled with air, pulling Bush Hog brand 600 pound Rollover Box Blade scarifiers through grape vine roots in moist sandy soil. Tractor could pull six shanks encumbered with vine roots only when soil was optimally moist.

This is mostly a tractor weight issue and HST issue, not a tractor horsepower issue. The Three Point Hitch transfers quite a lot of Box Blade's weight to the tractor's wheels, improving traction.

Attachments

• DSC00017.jpg
    DSC00017.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 213
Last edited:
   / Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #5  
You should be specific with GRANITEVILLE'S location. Altitude makes a lot of difference in light tractor capacities.

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #6  
All,

I've ordered a L3301 HST from Barlow Equipment and will be (hopefully) picking it up as I drive cross-country from Ft. Gordon to Ft. Carson 05-06'ish DEC.

I have some considerable grading to do on my new property and am looking at box blades.

Thanks!

First... you bought the right tractor. 2nd... EA makes a great box blade 3rd... get wheel weights as well as loaded tires, it makes a world of difference with these tractors. They really need the extra weight.

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #7  
Where in Colorado? Pulled a 72" King Kutter box behind my L3200 here in Parker. A bit big for the 60" track (loaded R4s), but it worked. Had to strap on some extra weight to the top when working on hard packed roads to get any penetration.

Recently acquired an old 76" Gannon to upgrade & pull behind my new L4060. Neighbor with a L3901 bought my old KK.

/ Ordered L3301 - Now Box Blade #8  
No problems here pulling a 2572 LP with a L3301 on R4s filled with water. This year in FL has been wet and have no issues dragging the box loaded up with damp Florida topsoil as well as millings. The 2572 is substantially stouter than the EA extreme, but was also more $$. Moldboard and sides are about 1/8 thicker steel on 25 series LP vs EA. It is a pretty good counterweight for fel work as well. If you are doing driveways or grading larger areas go 72, if working tight areas or tougher substrates a 60 will just cover your R4 tracks. 66 is needed to cover R1s set wide. YMMV